Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was worth it for his his Albert Collins impersonation

Re: It was worth it for his his Albert Collins impersonation

I'd just use an eq in the loop in that particular scenario. I know it's not quite the same, but when playing with a full band at a gig, only guitar players and sound guys could tell, and not even all players or sound guys I might ad.
    I think I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque...

Comment

Think of it like this.

If every member of your band spent hours and tons of money to make a specific tone for themselves playing solo, how well do those tones match in a live setting?

In reality, once you get all of these guys together, everyone still has to tweak their tone to each other to become cohesive for the vibe you all create together.

I've walked into a many jam session with a tone I'd built to perfection, only to have to change it to gel with the rest of the band and their sound.

You can pretty much ignore this if it's just you alone though.

Comment

I had a great sound once, with a guitar running a P90 in the neck, and a humbucker in the bridge- in the middle position.

I believe that one of the coils were then out of phase... It sounded great, vocal, quacky...

( I lost that guitar AS WELL in my great house fire :/ )
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Having been a fan of Albert Collins for decades, and actually watching him from about 10 feet away (I ran monitors for a show), I'd say Alberts sound came from those calluses on his fingers.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
            Having been a fan of Albert Collins for decades, and actually watching him from about 10 feet away (I ran monitors for a show), I'd say Alberts sound came from those calluses on his fingers.
            I consider his tone blistering. That's hilarious that you attribute it to his calluses.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
              I consider his tone blistering. That's hilarious that you attribute it to his calluses.
              Calluses take time to build, and lots of hard work.

Comment

I just mean the relation of blistering & calluses.

I have a problem of my calluses blistering off once they get too big.

Comment

Working...
                X