New Ernie Ball Music Man's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ernie Ball Music Man's.

I'm not usually a big fan of the "oddball" shaped guitars, but this one really caught my eye. Love both these colors. It's odd too, that there's 2 volumes, rather than Vol/Tone. I especially love the Pueblo Pink.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ernie_Ball_MusicMan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	5854624

Honorable mention also to the Valentine. Single coil bridge with active electronics. Nice.

Name:	Ernie_Ball_MusicMan_335.jpg
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	5854625

Re: New Ernie Ball Music Man's.

'Gumbycaster'

Comment

Looks like something out of one of the cartoons my daughter watches. The website has a blurb about a "tethered tone circuit" which suggests they are wiring the pickup leads to the wiper and using the increase in treble bleed as you roll down the knob to their advantage. It's a clever spin on one of the deficiencies of an old Les Paul trick.
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what they meant there. That sounds like a reasonable explanation.

Comment

Their new Sabre guitar is really cool, but not at over $3k.

Name:	sabre.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	5820882
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They are. And also outside of my range. Although, I could sell some stuff for one sweet axe.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105427[/ATTACH]
              Anyone know where I can get a full-scale tracing of this body? I am considering making a new body for my partscaster and this would work quite nicely.

Comment

The angular ones look like anti-St Vincent models; like a reaction/answer to the previous bad reactions. But I would play either one.

Comment

I'm not usually a big fan of the "oddball" shaped guitars, but this one really caught my eye. Love both these colors. It's odd too, that there's 2 volumes, rather than Vol/Tone. I especially love the Pueblo Pink.
                  They basically gave the Albert Lee model an Explorer pickguard makeover.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Their new Sabre guitar is really cool, but not at over $3k.
                    +1

Its not even a BFR (Ball Family Reserve) Music Man. Looks like they're charging more for the Okoume body, carved maple top, and maple binding. I refuse to pay over $2K for bolt-on guitars that are largely CNC'd. Even if Music Man is known to have killer craftsmanship, quality, and playability.

I own a BFR Cutlass (sabre body) and it has one of the best modern guitar neck I've played. The fretwork, oil/wax finish, quality of tone woods, playability, and attention to detail is all there. But I only paid $1750 for a used one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, these are fugly... That being said, my pointy shredsticks don't appeal to everybody either, so I'll rephrase it: not my cup o' tea. At least they could've done something about the headstock shapes on those two upper cartoon-explorers. I'd imagine though that they would look cool in a band like The B52's or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                        Anyone know where I can get a full-scale tracing of this body? I am considering making a new body for my partscaster and this would work quite nicely.
                        There is a way around this. I just tried it, as an experiment. Save the pic. Open it in your favorite "paint" program. We know the size of a covered humbucker, so keep enlarging it 'til it's full size. Then save that image. A commercial printer could print the image on large stock. I have the full size image now, but it's almost 180 Mb's. Tedious, but do-able.

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                        They basically gave the Albert Lee model an Explorer pickguard makeover.
                        I see that now.

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                        At least they could've done something about the headstock shapes on those two upper cartoon-explorers.
                        Interesting. I thought the headstock was the only "normal" part of the guitar.

Comment

Hi Art

I had a Valentine and it's a genuinely cool axe. The lack of forearm contour was an issue for me. But tone and feel-wise, it's impeccable.

Comment

Hey Pierre. More fuel for my GAS.

Comment

Interesting. I thought the headstock was the only "normal" part of the guitar.
                              Well, either the headstock or the body has to go. But joking and personal taste aside, my OCD would tolerate this model better if the headstock was somewhat tailored to the body's shape. Like re-tracing the original EBMM headstock shape in Flinstones style or something to that effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X