Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcloud question

Nevermind...

But anyway - if I create an account, can I get the name changed and clips moved when I want?

Example:

I set up Aceman / Shlokrock. Then I decide to do my Acey Deucey Studios on Soundcloud. Can I move my favorite stuff from Aceman to Acey Deucey? Or is that an epic PITA?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Soundcloud question

I don’t think so, accounts are separate from each other - no dual log-in. I came off Soundcloud earlier this year (partly) because any higher level functionality was in their premium package. I stream everything at my own site now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
      I don’t think so, accounts are separate from each other - no dual log-in. I came off Soundcloud earlier this year (partly) because any higher level functionality was in their premium package. I stream everything at my own site now.

If I may be so bold - Where do you upload your music to play from the site?

Comment

This is the bad part about Soundcloud. The easiest, and probably best way to do it would be your own domain where you can host them. This way, if Soundcloud goes belly up (or changes policies, like photobucket did), you don't have a bunch of links you have to fix.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
          If I may be so bold - Where do you upload your music to play from the site?
          I run my own servers and site - vincet.net - so its all self-contained.

I realized that whenever I was doing publicity, I was driving people to other sites, when I could just as well send them to mine - and the promise of (e.g.) Soundcloud - i.e. of getting other people listening - just wasn’t happening.

So, basically, I was doing the work to help grow their advertising revenue. Nope.

I guarantee that, in my TINY corner of the interwebs, more people are listening to me at vincet than anywhere else - and, because it’s all in one place, anyone really interested can look at my other CDs, books, etc.

Comment

All interesting points.

I agree - ALWAYS own the content! Or at least have actual backups...

Comment

Just make a new account and re-upload the songs from your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                Just make a new account and re-upload the songs from your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Annoying - but it will work!

Comment

Working...
                X