Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp stand.

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    so do you just want to isolate the cab from the floor or are you trying to get the cab more aimed at your head so you can hear better with less stage volume?

I just wondering if I placed it on a stand would it affect the low end quite significantly. So, I guess the answer to your question would be aiming the amp towards my head to hear it better.

Comment

it will reduce the low low end noticeably but that can be a nice thing. getting the amp aimed at your head should help you hear it better

Comment

Never used a stand with a bass cab/combo. If I refer to my hi-fi background, IMHO the stand would have to be very strong, heavy (maybe filled with sand) and have spikes to not destroy the attack of the bass sound. A stand for a guitar cab/combo should work (not much bass compared to a bass amp) but for bass I would use a tilt leg over a stand if I'd want my speakers pointing at my ears.
        On the bass world, that's why 2x10" cab exists. And it's better to have two 2x10" cabs stacked instead of one 4x10" cab. There's now 2x8" bass cabs. So two 2x8" bass cabs (with a mini bass head) would be lighter to carry than a bass combo and a stand.
        I would prefer carrying a second cab to put under my current cab to raise it (and have more cone surface) instead of carrying a stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Same here. But I do want to make sure that I am able to hear it. These days the bass amp has a DI to the PA system so the amp onstage, at least in my band, is for a monitor and that's it.
          Had a sound man pull the bass out of all of our monitors two songs into a set because he didn't want us "trashing the monitors" because we were "too damn lazy to haul an amp like real musicians". Sweetheart of a guy, really.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
            Had a sound man pull the bass out of all of our monitors two songs into a set because he didn't want us "trashing the monitors" because we were "too damn lazy to haul an amp like real musicians". Sweetheart of a guy, really.
            Nice. I really don't like sound people who can't work with what the band is used to doing.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Isn't the traditional amp stand another cab?
              ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X