Amp stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp stand.

What are your thoughts on the use of a stand for a bass amp?

Re: Amp stand.

longcat and I each use this one. Mine is holding an Egnater Rebel 112X & Marshall 2525H, while hers holds a fEARful 12/6 cube & Ampeg SVT-III Pro.

Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

If the sound is hitting your calves, and you can't hear it, get it on a stand.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I found a nice, old TV table, made out of wood;

and use it as a "stand" for my Blackstar HT-20 combo.

It makes the amp easier to hear (though much brighter), so that I can practice "louder" without disturbing the neighbors.

Also, the TV table has room inside, for strings / pedals and other stuff.
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Personally, I'd like my bass! amp to sit on the ground.

Sound wise.

But it's all up to your personal preference, I guess.
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

My bass rig is too big for a stand. But I had a stand for a guitar combo amp once.

It’s nice getting the amp up closer to your ears. You’ll lose some low end by decoupling from the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The decoupling aspect of getting the amp off of the floor is what I was interested in.

Comment

Maybe just try some "Hi-fi" spikes?

they'll decrease the rumble from the floor.

Also, place your cab a bit away from the wall. To decrease the resonance.

Comment

Never really had trouble hearing bass from the ground. Guitar yes...bass no.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

so do you just want to isolate the cab from the floor or are you trying to get the cab more aimed at your head so you can hear better with less stage volume?

Comment

Decoupling a bass amp with a stand has benefits and disadvantages -it definitely clears up the mid range, quiets the room, and any proximity phase cancelation from inside the room placement BUT that same factor can be use to make a bass sound much better too -it's all about figuring out the throw and modal cancellation and build up in a room and strategizing from there.
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Whether on a stand or on the floor, I can never judge how loud or what the bass really sounds like, until I walk across the room from the amp.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          Whether on a stand or on the floor, I can never judge how loud or what the bass really sounds like, until I walk across the room from the amp.
                          Same here. But I do want to make sure that I am able to hear it. These days the bass amp has a DI to the PA system so the amp onstage, at least in my band, is for a monitor and that's it.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Same here. But I do want to make sure that I am able to hear it. These days the bass amp has a DI to the PA system so the amp onstage, at least in my band, is for a monitor and that's it.
                            had some great shows DESTROYED by the sound-man mixing my bass "****e" trough the PA,
                            and not letting me run my bass amp alone...

Comment

my Carvin Bass Combo amp has a slope on the lower back side to "kick" it back and aim it up at ya head

most of the time the bass amp on stage is pointed at the Drummer and if you want a mad Drummer
                              there is a recipe
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                              X