Welp, not impressed with rat clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp, not impressed with rat clone

I tried an Eno Myomorpha, supposedly a rat clone in mini pedal format.
    Waited three weeks for shipping lol people on the interwebs said this pedal was the same as mooer black secret so I gave it a shot

Long story short I don't like it. It has a nasty high end fizz distortion that is loud, overlayed over the sound, at every setting. The low range of the distortion knob is like an on off switch. The nasty fizz sort of blends in if you're using high settings but on low distortion it just sounds horrible and cheap and the fizz ruins it, and it's there on all settings, like a tiny ds-1 played through a telephone mixed in with a real rat

I will be getting a different rat cuz I like the tone coloring but this particular pedal just sounds like... Like a cheap copy.

I want the rat sound but don't have room on the board for the huge pedal, will look for a straight ahead rat clone in normal sized enclosure

Re: Welp, not impressed with rat clone

Lol sounds nowhere near as good as RATT

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
      people on the interwebs said this pedal was the same as mooer black secret so I gave it a shot
      I will be getting a different rat cuz I like the tone coloring but this particular pedal just sounds like... Like a cheap copy.
      Hmm...

Isn't Mooer a company whose entire premise is pumping out "cheap copies"?

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
        Hmm...

They are largely purported to be useable, and with decent tones though

Mine is unusable

Comment

Hmm...

Hmm...
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

For all I know mooer might make a better Rat but this Eno one sounds EVEN CHEAPER than I imagined
            I never heard this nasty high end artifacts in demos of the pedal but looking deep into reviews of it I see now some people mention this same high end grating harshness

I should have done more research I guess

Comment

Why not just go for the real deal (Pro Co)... some things are worth the extra $.

You'd get what you want; exactly what you want.

Comment

I will try a Chicago stompworks Mister Vermin, straight ahead LM308 rat in a regular pedal enclosure. It has already shipped thankfully.
                I thought about other rat-like pedals but many of them try to "fix" the rat low end. I like the mush, not looking for tight modern sounds.

Comment

On the real deal the enclosure won't fit on my small board

Comment

I will try a Chicago stompworks Mister Vermin, straight ahead LM308 rat in a regular pedal enclosure. It has already shipped thankfully.
                    I thought about other rat-like pedals but many of them try to "fix" the rat low end. I like the mush, not looking for tight modern sounds.
                    LOL "Mister Vermin".

Great name!

Comment

The best rat pedal I've ever played is the Jam Pedals rattler. It's got all the high gain of the regular rat, but does low gain stuff surprisingly well too . . . all with lovely sounding mids. It's actually what made me interested in rat pedals to begin with.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

LOL "Mister Vermin".

Great name!
                        It's got a cool little rat graphic on the front too, good looking pedal!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                          The best rat pedal I've ever played is the Jam Pedals rattler. It's got all the high gain of the regular rat, but does low gain stuff surprisingly well too . . . all with lovely sounding mids. It's actually what made me interested in rat pedals to begin with.
                          Yeah the rat types get interesting mids, that's why I like them too, really colored sound.

Comment

Can't speak to the pedal you bought. My Black Secret is pretty decent. I have had a real Rat (Big Box).

I say get a Rat 2. If that is too big, try to find a Harmon 308 (?) or try an Ibanez Fat Cat.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X