Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welp, not impressed with rat clone

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    It's just that the guy in the video you linked had modded his mooer by swapping that resistor, which he said has a big impact on the tone control. He also said the mooer didn't sound like a rat until he did the mod.
    Ive already given my opine. I have nothing to do with the other guy. Don't believe everything on the internet.
    I have the Mosky Black Rat and it works fine & for $25 bucks i wouldn't expect miracles.
    The filter knob on my Mosky works fine.

Pro Co rat prices are outrageous. The reissues don't even have the correct LM308 chip and they want $150 and up.
    Rats from da 80's are way more and not worth the hype IMO.
    1000's of options.
    I had a Pro Co Rat reissue, the filter knob was useless and i couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Whats in a name ? NOT MUCH.
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 06-25-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
      Yeah the rat types get interesting mids, that's why I like them too, really colored sound.
      Another type of OD/Dist stomp that gets interesting mids is a Treble Booster.

I use a Catalinbread Naga Viper.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
        Another type of OD/Dist stomp that gets interesting mids is a Treble Booster.

I use a Catalinbread Naga Viper.
        Treble boosters are often overlooked and I think it's because of the misleading name. Those who haven't tried one assume it's going to make your sound trebly, while the boosting actually begins in the lower frequencies. I have a Colour Boost and I love what it does with a tube amp.

I also have two Lovepedals that stack classic Rangemaster boost into a germanium fuzzface circuit, with a balance control so you have a continuous range of blend between the two. Cool idea.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
          Treble boosters are often overlooked and I think it's because of the misleading name. Those who haven't tried one assume it's going to make your sound trebly, while the boosting actually begins in the lower frequencies. I have a Colour Boost and I love what it does with a tube amp.

I also have two Lovepedals that stack classic Rangemaster boost into a germanium fuzzface circuit, with a balance control so you have a continuous range of blend between the two. Cool idea.
          The colourbooster isn't considered a treble boost, is it?
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I have used a long time ago a rangemaster variant that had some voicing options and it was pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]105470[/ATTACH]
              Seriously man - build a bigger board!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                The colourbooster isn't considered a treble boost, is it?
                Yes it is. Classic germanium circuit just like the original Rangemaster, but with the addition of a Colour knob that offers the option of three other shelf frequencies.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

weird...i have an eno myomorpha and i love it. a/b'ed it with my old rat2 and it sounded just like it. maybe i got a good one. then again i was never a big fan of my rat2 anyway...
                  Quality riffs in about a minute...
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    Seriously man - build a bigger board!
                    Okay

Comment

I've played some more with the Myomorpha but this time I used not the stock speaker on my rocker 15 combo but used my 68 custom Princeton Reverb cab and the Celestion g10 vintage. Much less fizz on top, but enough to sound bad to me at anything but full distortion settings which sound... Not bad. But the medium gain sounds just sound like not enough treble is being cut somewhere critical in the circuit and the filter knob isn't affecting it

It's not the worst thing ever for $29,
                      The $75 rat clone should show up Monday and I'll see how it goes

Comment

I sold my old Rat 2 after I got one of these... a "Little Bear Rat Attack" could'nt tell the difference at all and it cost about $35 shipped...

It's the same size as a Rat though...so the only advantage is price.
                        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Last edited by JMP/HBE; 06-26-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Hehe maybe I just need to crank my amp more but my rat-like pedal sounds not nearly as meaty and very fizzy at this same settings! Distortion is all so fizzy until about noon on the knob

Ah but yeah good sound
                            Sometime I gotta get a chorus pedal too, been forever since I've used one

Comment

Again - much like a DS1, a Rat is best used to goose an JCM800.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                                Again - much like a DS1, a Rat is best used to goose an JCM800.
                                absolutely. less gain more volume is always the answer!
                                Quality riffs in about a minute...
                                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Working...
                                X