Chamber electric guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chamber electric guitars

Tricky question. If clambering makes a guitar a semi-hollow . . . does a swimming pool route under a strat pick-guard count? Why, why not?
    That is the post of a thinking man.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I think of a chambered guitar as being a solid body chambered to enhance the acoustic quality or resonance of the guitar.

I think of a weight relieved guitar as being a solid body guitar designed with wood removed to make it lighter in weight...not to make it more resonant.

Two different intentions.

A real semi-hollow body has a separate top, back and sides. Like an ES-335. Different intention than chambered or weight relieved and an entirely different design.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

A chambered body sounds a lot closer to a solidbody than a true semi hollow. I think Warmoth did a comparison of chambered vs solid and I was surprised at how close they sounded.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Tricky question. If clambering makes a guitar a semi-hollow . . . does a swimming pool route under a strat pick-guard count? Why, why not?
          Chambering doesn’t make it semi hollow. Chambers are routed out of a solid block. Semi hollow is separate back, side and top. Swimming pool route is just a cavity for electronics, not non-functional chambers for sound purposes.

Comment

Working...
          X