This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zaakkk View Post
    So the "IDIOT PROOF WIRING" I posted up here is correct?
    Zaakkk,

Sorry I have not been able to reply sooner - I got busy with my job and my own guitar wiring projects.

In my opinion, the 3 diagrams you chose are not simple enough. The goal is to keep the wiring very simple so it is easy to determine where the cause of a problem is coming from. All three of those diagrams involve coil-splitting which means extra wiring. We can add coilsplitting later. For now, let's keep it simple.

So i have created the attached diagram for a simple wiring scheme that uses the Dimarzio wiring color codes.

*IF* position 2 or 4 sounds out-of-phase, simply swap places on the Middle pickup's Green and Red wires.

Let me know how this goes. Good luck.
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 08-05-2020, 09:10 PM.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

• Thanks Jack,
      I'll do yours and come back with Gravity Storm of feedback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaakkk View Post
        Thanks Jack,
        I'll do yours and come back with Gravity Storm of feedback.
        You're welcome.

I'm hoping this will expose where the added noise when turning the volume pot down is coming from.
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Last.png Views:	0 Size:	407.5 KB ID:	6015411
          High Resolution: https://www.dropbox.com/s/otuev1n5t8...35131.jpg?dl=0

I tried Jack's wiring but it went all weird and I couldn't make it to work.
          Not idiot proof enough for me.
          So I wired it with my idiot proof diagram I posted earlier and at least it worked although the High Impedance noise issue wasn't resolved.
          I am tired of trying so it is what it is.
          At least we tried!
          Thanks.
          The End.
          Last edited by Zaakkk; 09-08-2020, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	GRAVITY STORM DIMARZIO WIRING 2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	6038411

After countless failed attempts I finally managed to figure out what went wrong with my old wiring having noise (impedance) issues.
            IT'S WORKI-I-ING !
            I hope it would help somebody.

Comment

Working...
            X