banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Perpetal Burn normally out of phase or was mine just a scew up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Perpetal Burn normally out of phase or was mine just a scew up?

Had this one in my Kiesel DC with AP 11 Kiesels and had to reverse the black and green for phase. Thought it was just that it was out of phase with the AP 11's but when I swapped it in that guitar with a Hybrid had to flip the Hybrid back because it was out of phase with the AP 11. Installed the Hybrid with a Sentient yesterday in my new Carvin DC 127 and again had to swap the Green and Black on the PB as it was out of phase with the Sentient. Is the PB normally out of phase like this or was this one just a factory screw up? It's in now sounds great but was just odd so??
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: Is the Perpetal Burn normally out of phase or was mine just a scew up?

Probably just a factory dud.
    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by TheViewFromVenus View Post
      Probably just a factory dud.
      What I thought and was not a huge issue just annoying. At least this one was conventional in that it had a back cover and was an easy fix. Would have not been a happy camper if this one had a pickguard or God forbid had been a semi hollow I had to wire through the F hole!
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Also curious how you like the PB as a general purpose bridge pickup.
        Last edited by TVFV; 06-24-2020, 08:51 PM.
        "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I've seen other pickups mistakenly wired out of phase. It isn't common, but it does happen.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My 78 model is out of phase to other Duncan’s like this, but it’s custom shop so I don’t know if the original owner ordered it that way. The label color is different also.

Comment

I just helped guide a newbie to guitar wiring through a project involving the Halcomb Alpha & Omega set where we were pulling our hair out for a while until we determined the neck Omega pickup came from the factory with the magnet mistakenly flipped.

Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by TheViewFromVenus View Post
                Also curious how you like the PB as a general purpose bridge pickup.
                Had this one in my Kiesel DC with a set of AP 11 single coils before this guitar. Sounded pretty different in each guitar even though both were DC Carvins ebony board maple neck and alder body. Some may have been the fact the Purple quilt is a hardtail and the Kiesel has a Floyd.
                In the Kiesel the PB was pretty polite nice smooth and warm plus sounded really nice split with the AP11 in the middle. Really nice well balance pickup.
                In the Quilt top hardtail Carvin its more aggressive sounding bigger and more harmonically active. Still nice warm and smooth plus is very clear and articulate and splits very well in particular when it's used with the Sentient in the neck. Really good sounding medium output well balanced pickup.
                Guitars

Comment

Working...
                X