Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin-A-Split PRAILS tone Mod?!

‘Hope this is the right forum to ask this...@ this following ancient link:

On the duncan website there is wiring (for a humbucker) called spin-a-split which essentially uses a pot to mix between split coil and normal series wiring in a humbucker. I am interested in using it instead of the tone pot on the neck pickup of a les paul as I pretty much never use the tone...

...there is a cool circuit that that lets you have your ‘cake & eat it’ of a Tone control for your Humbucker AND a way of splitting your Humbucker WITHOUT bothering with Push/Pull Pots etc

the only caveat is that the tone only works in Humbucker mode. All well & good but I have a Duncan
    P-Rails that radically changes just by splitting off the Single Coil Blade. So, my question is this:

is it possible to have the ‘cake & eat it’ circuit BUT with the traditional Tone affecting only the Single Coil instead of only the Humbucker?

thanks for your thought in advance!

Re: Spin-A-Split PRAILS tone Mod?!

Why would you want to have tone control in such a limited fashion? You can still have total tone control with spin a split depending on what your setup is. What you have described is certainly not what I would consider "have your cake and eat it too"!

What guitar do you have and what controls (switches, pots) are in it? What pups besides the P-Rail? Have you heard about Triple Shot mounting rings?
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
    X