Thought I'd give recording a complete song for a change :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I'd give recording a complete song for a change :p

I'm no recording guru..but I thought I record a whole song for a change instead of just soloing for 5+ mins over a backing track

Don't get me wrong..I love that ****...but just for a change..

Nothing fancy.... a couple of rhythm guitar tracks with my Mooer GE300's Goldea Rex 3200's Tone Capture profile, panned hard L-R

First 2 solo's were with my Cicognani Brutus Live head's tone capture & the last one was my Randall T2HL's tone cap...so the guitar's were all tone cap profiles that I made with my real amp's..

Bass was my Ibby SR into a Behringer GDI bass drive pedal and straight into the DAW...

Drums were Ugritone "kVlt II" ~ Finnish metal kit...and that's it.

I guess it's heavy-rock/metal with maybe a bit of a modern proggy sound/vibe to it...

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Thought I'd give recording a complete song for a change

And another mix...don't know if it's better or worse... just a bit different. Tweaked the guitar EQ a little so it's a bit sharper/brighter..

But either mix works for me.. so I'm done with that

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Pretty cool tones! The crash gets a bit annoying in the beginning lol. Overall, solid riffs, a fun song!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks! It's a simple tune but it turned out well. I usually just play a backing track adjust my amp (or modeler's) settings and then solo over everything and I'm done

But this time I actually used a bit of hi-pass & slightly tweaked the EQ here & there ..so everything sat a bit better in the mix. It turned out nice.

Haha...I like Ugritone's raw drum sound. Remind's me of our old drummer's battered-up kit that he bought for peanuts from a strip club..

Youtube

Comment

Mix 3 'cause I added a liittle guitar-synth riff in the middle of the song for kicks. Mooer just uploaded 50+ new GE300 synth patches on their website as free downloads...decided to check a couple out

The first one I used was a kind of modern arpeggiated patch and then I combined (blended) a synth lead and guitar lead patch for a kinda atmospheric melody/solo in the background..

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 06-29-2020, 11:44 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
          X