• Show
Clear All

Re: Fans of JB in the neck?

Yeah, some people love mudbaths !

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

No mud on the Weedeley Weedely strings in single note wicked harmonic mode.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

What I DO know is that a Dimarzio FRED sounded great in the neck of my Strat (reg 22 fret, Alder body, maple/rosewood neck).

Comment

I haven't pulled it out to confirm but my first gen Washburn Ola Parallaxe 7 string is supposed to have a JB in the neck. I don't utilize my neck pups that often but I have noted that it sounds very muddy under distortion. Solid for the bit of clean playing I've done on it.

Comment

Well I thank everyone for the input. the reason I was wondering is cause I was recently enamored by hot neck pickups, playing my EMG guitars a lot and an Evolution neck and I like the idea of a neck pickup with a little more output and bite. the JB from what I'm seeing is probably gonna actually be TOO hot for me though. I've done some research and I think what I was actually looking for was probably a Distortion SH6 Neck so I'm gonna give that shot. It's a duncan I've never tried but based on the description it's pretty much what I'm looking for . hot neck pickup with hot harmonics and a little more top end sizzle than a vintage output neck pickup. thanks for the input guys

Comment

I use a stock JB in the neck position of my Alpine white LP Custom, and it sounds great for legato runs and fast picking. I do however, have the neck pot disconnected and run a single 500k volume for this one.

Another prominent fan of the JB in the neck is Dave Murray!

Comment

Originally posted by Pep2019 View Post
                What I DO know is that a Dimarzio FRED sounded great in the neck of my Strat (reg 22 fret, Alder body, maple/rosewood neck).
                I will second this, the Fred is a very musical neck pickup. I have compared it to the Screamin Demon and I kinda like the Fred just tad more, but both are very good Neck Pickups.

Comment

Do it. My main guitar back in the day was an RG with a Warmoth neck. HSH, Dimarzio Al Di Meola in the bridge, stock middle, JB in the neck. It was superb.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarmusic View Post
                    I will second this, the Fred is a very musical neck pickup. I have compared it to the Screamin Demon and I kinda like the Fred just tad more, but both are very good Neck Pickups.
                    can you elaborate what you liked more?
                    I am interested because i want to try my demon in the neck soon

Comment

Working...
                    X