Overwound 59B anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overwound 59B anyone ?

I had an 8.75K 59b and an 8.75K PGb+. Both were killer pickups. PGb was a bit rawer, was screaming more. I gave it to my buddies who are still using them. I also had a 8.7K ant HB bridge, and that one with an A5 was better than both of them. In fact, I've kept it with an A4; let go of it when I've sold the guitar it was in (an 04 flamey Standard).

The reason why I did not keep them is actually the Brobucker. I have 3 of them.

8.75K and up is a bit tricky. If the guitar sounds right, I don't like to go above 8.5K mark (e.g., in a good LP standard that sounds right). In fact, 7.90K Seth bridge of mine in my H555 sounds phenomenal. And when the guitar is a thin one and needs a bit more muscle, I think the Brobucker is very hard to beat. (I don't like that same Bro in my LP for example).

All that said, I have to tell that my PATB-3 measuring 9.40K is hell of a hot wound a4 PAF. It is a bit more snappy than the Brobucker, with a bit more presence. Brobucker has more muscle and clarity.

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Re: Overwound 59B anyone ?

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
      The pearly gates plus is just about 9k and A5 rather than A2. It is more 59 than pg from what I seen. I would give it a try.
      At one point in time, like 2003 or 04, I've had more than a dozen PG's and 4 PG+'s... The 8.75K one was great... But there was also one at 8.10K or so and that did not sound that good... Changed its mag to an a3, which tamed it quite a bit and made it useable.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
      X