SuperVee Mag Lok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperVee Mag Lok

Hi all....Hey any users of the Supervee Mag Lok in your strats? I installed it in mine last night with 3 springs and set to float the bridge...Didn't care for how stiff it made the whammy feel and that terrible stop at the neutral position.Any of you folks using it with 3 springs and did you mess with the buffer within the tube? Did any of this help? It's a $65 purchase currently in my drawer,as it also removed the nice subtle whammy feel too...Anyone?
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: SuperVee Mag Lok

It does keep the guitar in tune pretty well though as a positive.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Wow nobody?

Comment

never tried one but i dont use the trem on any of my guitars except the one old hamer with a floyd. id hope you can adjust it to have a softer feel

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          never tried one but i dont use the trem on any of my guitars except the one old hamer with a floyd. id hope you can adjust it to have a softer feel
          Hi buddy and hope you're doing great.

I have a Mexican strat that I will try doing just 2 springs and the Mag Lok...Good guinea pig for my testing! 3 springs was just too stiff feeling on using the whammy on one of my floating bridges.

Comment

Never tried one, but I do use the Super Vee Bladerunner trem, which is really wonderful.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ok all....So the fix is to go with just 2 springs and put some kind of material like felt or cotton within the Mag Lok cylinder as this gets rid of a definate stop felt when the bridge returns to neutral. The unit works really well and is transparent if setup right. So if any of you are on the fence about buying this,it works...Pricey at $65 but it works.If you like to float your tremolo and not have your double stop bends go flat,this will fix that. You're welcome! LOL Mag lok is in straight but the photo is crooked! As a strat player for many many years,I feel it is supposed to be set up floating.I Like about 3/32" from bridge rear to the body as the gap.My strats all stay in tune well.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 06-27-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                Yep never one to give up Jeremy...Fixed and works great like stated on their product info.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                  Yep never one to give up Jeremy...Fixed and works great like stated on their product info.
                  Glad you got it set-up to your satisfaction

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
                    Glad you got it set-up to your satisfaction

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk
                    Thank you so much for the comment.Maybe my post will help someone else.The Mag Lok actually works great once I figured it out.Avid relentless tweaker here.

Comment

glad you got it sorted out! you put some cotton inside the cylinder? ill have to google what this thing looks like internally

Comment

Working...
                      X