80's fan boys get in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's fan boys get in here

Looks like Fender wants your business in a bad way.
    Attached Files

Re: 80's fan boys get in here

I had dreamt of the HM Strat being reissued for years now. Sadly, Fender didn't do this one properly: it is rather expensive, but features no-name pickups and a Floyd Rose Special that it seems that most people change as soon as they get it. Why not do it properly in the first place, when you are making a guitar like this?

The pink is nice, but for this model I prefer the ice blue.

Comment

I had one of those back in the day. Wasn't pink, though. It was more of a mauve/reddish color.

Comment

Looks way better than that Lead atrocity that was released.

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
        I had dreamt of the HM Strat being reissued for years now. Sadly, Fender didn't do this one properly: it is rather expensive, but features no-name pickups and a Floyd Rose Special that it seems that most people change as soon as they get it. Why not do it properly in the first place, when you are making a guitar like this?

The pink is nice, but for this model I prefer the ice blue.
        I agree, may as well spec it like a Soloist with JB/SSL1/SSL1 and a high quality Floyd.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I had an Ice Blue one. Always wanted the Razzberry.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
            I had dreamt of the HM Strat being reissued for years now..
            The second I saw that guy guitar I thought of you. Funny how we associate different members with different axes.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              The second I saw that guy guitar I thought of you. Funny how we associate different members with different axes.
              I associate the Custom Lite with you.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                Looks like Fender wants your business in a bad way.
                Would have been all over a real modern reissue of the old HM Strats but that is abomination. I worked at a Fender dealer back then and know the originals those POS things are an abomination! Yes have looked at and played several. Should have been real USA guitars with a real Floyd ( since the Kahler Killers on the originals are no longer built) with real high end pickups like the Super 3 bridge that were used in the originals. LOVED the real HM Strat but that---.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Didn't re-issue the green/teal one recently?

I agree - no reason to cheap. Weak.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

In fairness to Fender, it's a perfect reproduction of the whole ambiance that surrounded the original: late to the game and relying on the Fender name to fight off the superior competition all around from other brands. [emoji848]

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I would much rather get a Kramer SM-1 with SD's and an FR1000. I have always liked the looks of the blue ice HM Strat though. Fender needs to offer more hardtops with Floyd's, just with ones that actually match the price point.

Comment

I had one of those back in the day. Pepto Bismol Pink. I was a big Greg Howe fan. Still am. The dude still kills. The HM Strat played great, but I thought the pickups were atrocious compared to my other Fenders, so I ended up trading it for a Peavey Amp and a few bucks. Wish I had known that you could easily swap out those pickups back then. I did not remember them being shorter scale than a regular strat, which is what I mainly played back then.

Comment

My first ever electric guitar was a pink/cherry Ibanez RG Yeh, pink actually suits start-styled guitar, thoŽ back in the day I wasnŽt so sure

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
                            In fairness to Fender, it's a perfect reproduction of the whole ambiance that surrounded the original: late to the game and relying on the Fender name to fight off the superior competition all around from other brands. [emoji848]

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk
                            Disagree with you here big time. Dealer i worked for had Gibson Fender Hamer Jackson Ibanez PRS and BC Rich. The HM Strats held their own head to head with all of them.
                            Guitars
                            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I'll stick to my Charvels.

Comment

Working...
                              X