Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 80's fan boys get in here

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
    For '80s rock, though to beat my Peavey Vandenberg. 24 frets, 24.75" scale, sculpted access to upper frets, downtuned Eb: rock machine.
    My brother had one of those in baby pink. Magnificent guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
      plus guitars are a cheaper (and more wife-friendly) hobby than cars, or even worse ehmmm the other gender.
      How expensive is this car?
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        How expensive is this car?
        i think the point is, a set of tires is generally more expensive than a pack of strings [emoji14]

Or if you're really into the hobby, it's easy enough to burn through an entire set of brake pads in a day at the track
        Last edited by BeKindRewind; 06-30-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
          I had one... but wasn't a fan.

Back in the day, I wanted this:

This Kramer Baretta was made in the USA 1986 or 1987. E-serial number. It plays and sounds great. It comes with the original case.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105533[/ATTACH]

HM strat was just a substitute!

B
          Back in the 80's everyone wanted that guitar. That guitar and Christina Applegate.

Comment

The style of the 80s was such that many objects that make an attempt to be a "throwback" to the era end up looking more like caricatures of the decade. That guitar is no exception, regardless of how faithful of a recreation it is.
            Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              Back in the 80's everyone wanted that guitar. That guitar and Christina Applegate.
              [emoji38] so true (assuming you're referring to the Kramer)

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I want Christina Applegate even more now. The guitar - meh.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

PS I was too young in the 80s but ESP and Ibanez were THE shiznit in the 90s. ESP and Ibanez were really the only brands I'd consider. Now ESP has really screwed itself in pricing and going all-out on crazy tops. Ibanez is now the only brand I consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagisa View Post
                    PS I was too young in the 80s but ESP and Ibanez were THE shiznit in the 90s. ESP and Ibanez were really the only brands I'd consider. Now ESP has really screwed itself in pricing and going all-out on crazy tops. Ibanez is now the only brand I consider.
                    I started playing guitar in 1996... I was a little surprised that I didn't find an ESP catalog from that era when I was cleaning out some stuff from my parents' crawlspace last year. I had GAS before I even knew what GAS was. To this day I still want an ESP GL Serpent, which ironically should do the 80s thing better than the 90s thing.
                    Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
                      I started playing guitar in 1996... I was a little surprised that I didn't find an ESP catalog from that era when I was cleaning out some stuff from my parents' crawlspace last year. I had GAS before I even knew what GAS was. To this day I still want an ESP GL Serpent, which ironically should do the 80s thing better than the 90s thing.
                      Well, it IS a George Lynch signature, so...

I'll always give ESP (and Seymour Duncan) credit for sticking with him through the nineties, when Dokken and Lynch Mob became as unpopular as could be.

Comment

Back in the day ('87-'88) I was looking at all kinds of models (I had two modded Stratocasters that I brought to every gig), Charvels, Kramers, and decided on a Hamer Chapparal Custom, was the best out of the bunch. Put about 100,000 road miles on it (showcase gigs, cover gigs, etc.), as well as studio recording sessions. Had I known in advance about Hamer's demise, I would have taken a loan out to buy a Hamer Standard, or a Prototype....

Comment

Fender Japan had some really great guitars back then, including the first humbuckers in a Strat.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'd throw Vintage Kramers and Original Ibanez RG550/770/565/540 Radius & Sabre/P540II on the above list as well.
                            MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                            1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                            1988 Kramer Nightswan
                            1989 Charvel Sambora
                            2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                            Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                            Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Looks like Fender wants your business in a bad way.
                              Perfect for plugging into an ART preamp!

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                                Perfect for plugging into an ART preamp!

I had an SGE Mach 2 for years, as well as an X15. What a crazy color scheme that is!
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X