• Show
Clear All

Re: 80's fan boys get in here

I'll be okay with my MIJ Jackson DXMG.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      The second I saw that guy guitar I thought of you. Funny how we associate different members with different axes.
      I'll take that as a compliment. Also, you are not exactly wrong - stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
        There’s no reason not to give this the A-market treatment. Look at the ages of people who were growing up in the ‘80s. These are prime nostalgia years. People are adults now and can spend big-girl money on a special guitar that takes them back.
        plus guitars are a cheaper (and more wife-friendly) hobby than cars, or even worse ehmmm the other gender.

Comment

There were no Fenders I desired in the 80s. It was all ESP, BC Rich, Jackson, Charvel...

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            Disagree with you here big time. Dealer i worked for had Gibson Fender Hamer Jackson Ibanez PRS and BC Rich. The HM Strats held their own head to head with all of them.
            I think he meant that Fender was late to recognize and satisfy the ongoing shred an hair guitar hoopla, while other companies have taken Fender's own design to the next level and upon relizing this they only slapped a Fender logo on a copy of the perfected copies of their own original. And in that sense I feel like he's right. Although I am sure that quality wise they were top notch too. Imagine Gibson coming out with a pointy V with, Idunno, evertune bridge and fishmans and call it the Djenting V.. That assessment of mine might be wrong though..:/

Comment

I had one... but wasn't a fan.

Back in the day, I wanted this:

This Kramer Baretta was made in the USA 1986 or 1987. E-serial number. It plays and sounds great. It comes with the original case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	x8r0ghopy1r51t1nzmv1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	5820947

HM strat was just a substitute!

B
              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I just think they seemed to miss the boat on what they were hoping to achieve.

While I do have a few of their products (almost to my own surprise), like the comfort of the strat shape in general, and have a preference for hss guitars, if I had the money at the time I really doubt I would have been inclined to buy one ahead of competing manufacturers.

Now I definitely wouldn't unless I came across one that was the absolute dog's bollocks - something that I highly doubt. It also wouldn't be pink. [emoji16]

(I have no problem with others having different opinions. If not what would be the fun?)

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                  I had one... but wasn't a fan.

Back in the day, I wanted this:

This Kramer Baretta was made in the USA 1986 or 1987. E-serial number. It plays and sounds great. It comes with the original case.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105533[/ATTACH]

HM strat was just a substitute!

B
                  I am glad I have this :
                  20170128_171029 by panixgr, on Flickr

Comment

I have an 82 'The Strat' which is quite a different guitar than the HM Strat above. But it was the first guitar to just have 'Strat' on the headstock.

Name:	IMG-1284.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	5820948
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Cool!

B
                      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

This gets me through...

Name:	IMG_2918.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	5820956

Name:	IMG_2028.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	5820957
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                          plus guitars are a cheaper (and more wife-friendly) hobby than cars.
                          True dat!! You don't normally blow as much up on a Saturday night gig as a Saturday night track day! Was a rabid Pontiac fan for years had stuff most have never seen out of a book. Engines like 421 and 455SD, RA II, III and IV stuff plus 455 HO stuff. Broke the right side T Top out of my 1977 SE TA with a hybrid HO SD 455 on a 7000 RPM shift one night when it twisted the body so bad---. Did subframe connectors soon afterward! Guy named Jim Butler bought me out in the late 80's out of Tennessee after I went through a divorce and remarried. I chose to play music over running the cars. Decision also likely kept me out of a lot of trouble. Judges tend to get a little testy when you come before them on running 169 in a 55 zone just sayin---.
                          Last edited by Ascension; 06-29-2020, 07:43 PM.
                          Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            I have an 82 'The Strat' which is quite a different guitar than the HM Strat above. But it was the first guitar to just have 'Strat' on the headstock.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]105534[/ATTACH]
                            Remember those well nice guitars! Is that Lake Placid Blue??
                            Guitars
                            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                              Remember those well nice guitars! Is that Lake Placid Blue??
                              Actually, no, it is a rare color called Sapphire Blue. It is a deeper blue with very small gold metal flake. Only a handful were made in this color.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

For '80s rock, though to beat my Peavey Vandenberg. 24 frets, 24.75" scale, sculpted access to upper frets, downtuned Eb: rock machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X