I done dit it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I done dit it

80s 59b with the A2/A5 installed with the A2 on top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200630_141300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	5820965
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

looks forward to finding out if there is a difference between which one is on top

Comment

I'm not convinced that's the right meter for properly measuring gauss of Alnico mags. That device is used for detecting electro-magnetic fields at very low strength, like electrical lines and computer monitors.

The spec sheet says it taps out at 1.999 milliGauss (aka: 2.0 Gauss), which is nothing compared to the "strength" of an Alnico mag, and I see "mG" as the unit on your device, so I'm guessing the results can't be trusted

Comment

I think ur right. Gonna exchange the meter for one with a proper range. Arrg I think they're more expensive. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpha-Lab-G...YAAOSwEWpeVGOQ

Got the pup installed and it's pristine.
          Last edited by Clint 55; 06-30-2020, 03:08 PM.
          I bought them for you

Comment

Did a lot of wiring and mag fiddling and got around to trying the A2/A5 with the A2 on top and the A5 on top. It's super trippy. It actually does sound like a very seamless blend between the 2. With a regular A5 and A2 spacers on the sides I can distinguish more easily each mags' influence on the tone. With the double thick bonded it sounds hella trippy. It's deep and nebulous. But I could hear more darkness with the A2 on top and more zing with the A5 on top.
            Last edited by Clint 55; 07-01-2020, 07:10 AM.
            I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
            X