Squier "strat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squier "strat"

If it doesn't say where it was made, where was it made?

Re: Squier "strat"

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140325_001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	5820922
    Is it black with a smaller crudely cut headstock by chance? Because they used a sticker that would come off. Normally have no serial and no manufacturing labels, and if that is the case it's indonesia.

Comment

Same headstock but it's a natural body

Comment

If it has no identifying information, that headstock, the black logo, and a full thickness body. It's a Squier SE. If you pull the neck off, occasionally there's a red faded stamp at the base of the heel with a serial but they're often gone or too hard to read.
        Last edited by StoRMiE; 06-26-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Cool. Thanks man

Comment

Does it matter?
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Does it matter?
              Not at all, just curious .. the more ya know,.. ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by StoRMiE View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]105497[/ATTACH]
                Is it black with a smaller crudely cut headstock by chance? Because they used a sticker that would come off. Normally have no serial and no manufacturing labels, and if that is the case it's indonesia.
                I ripped it apart this morning and it was black, apparently it was stripped but they didn't do a really bad job on it at all. And wherever it was made picked out three nice looking pieces of wood to slap together for the body, which makes me wonder what's under a lot of painted guitars.
                Last edited by solspirit; 06-27-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  Does it matter?
                  If I wanted to know what kind of, wood it was made out of it does matter.
                  Last edited by solspirit; 06-27-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

So, where was it made...? I have one of those; tobacco burst, got it on fair price, but havenīt really played that much at all. Maybe I should...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelangelo View Post
                      So, where was it made...? I have one of those; tobacco burst, got it on fair price, but havenīt really played that much at all. Maybe I should...
                      Indonesia as far as I can tell

Comment

I assume it also depends on what year...my first guitar was a squire strat and I am pretty sure it was made in S Korea, but think some from that time were also made in Mexico.

Comment

I'm assuming mine came in the player packs there were only the three colors of which black was one. Whatever years that was I have no idea, early 90s mid 90s late 90s I have no clue..

Comment

Ok, I just pulled mine down to check (it's currently a wall decoration because the bridge is jacked up) but I can confirm that it was made in Korea (it says Squire Strat II if that helps) and it is Black with a white pick guard and pickups.

My 'uneducated' guess would be Korea for yours also.

Comment

Working...
                            X