SH-12 Screamin Demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH-12 Screamin Demon

A couple weeks ago i scored a Lynch Kamikaze and posted here i was thinking of getting an SH-12 for it.
    I had a bad experience years ago with an SH-12 in a Jackson, just didn't sound good.

Im here to say the SH-12 is absolutely screamin in the ESP Kamikaze, yes it was designed for it no surprise.

Great pickup.

Re: SH-12 Screamin Demon

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

A couple weeks ago i scored a Lynch Kamikaze and posted here i was thinking of getting an SH-12 for it.
    I had a bad experience years ago with an SH-12 in a Jackson, just didn't sound good.

Im here to say the SH-12 is absolutely screamin in the ESP Kamikaze, yes it was designed for it no surprise.

Great pickup.
    I bet the pup was nearer to the bridge on the Jackson than on the ESP. Just a half inch nearer to the neck gives more mids and a tad softer highs.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
      I bet the pup was nearer to the bridge on the Jackson than on the ESP. Just a half inch nearer to the neck gives more mids and a tad softer highs.
      That extra string energy makes a big difference

Comment

That is a bad ass guitar. The Screamin' Demon is a really great pickup, especially in high gain situations. I've got one in my '88 Kramer Baretta and also in my '93 Frankenstrat (both neck and bridge position). Glad it's working out for you in that Kami.

Comment

One of my local shops contacted me yesterday. He had a customer that wanted to buy this guitar. Money was tempting but i had to turn him down.
          25.5" scale made to George Lynch spec's its a lead players dream.

Comment

That set up is pure rock right there! Glad you're digging the Demon (I knew you would)

Comment

Yep, placement is crucial - I once moved the bridge pickup on one of my Floydcasters a mere quarter of an inch, expecting a subtle change.
              The tone difference was amazing, literally difficult to believe.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

love the demon!
                Only tried it in 2 LP yet, though.

Yes PUs position makes a huge difference if you move it 5 mm.

This picture indicates that lynch himself tinkered with the position:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ARC_2647-576x380.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	5820952

Comment

I love my Screaming Demon...pre-script, first at the store #2on waiting list levels! I just caught something from hamerfan...and am going to move my pickups slightly forward in at least one of my Ibanez guitars just to open it up a bit! Never thought of that as a fix. I'd like to try a Custom ceramic in the forward position as a hybrid with the treble magnet of the Screaming Demon...just because.

Comment

I love the Demon. The guitar I have it in was my first guitar, originally pearl white with 3 singles. After much Frankenstein work it is a single hum with a Kahler Killer 2700 bridge, and of course a Bengal tiger paint job. Sounds great. The body is alder btw.

Since this guitar is a hack job, I don't doubt the pickup may be more forward than most.

Comment

Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post
                      love the demon!
                      Only tried it in 2 LP yet, though.

Yes PUs position makes a huge difference if you move it 5 mm.

This picture indicates that lynch himself tinkered with the position:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]105540[/ATTACH]
                      Okay - that is some cool/deep stuff right there...
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                      X