• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ebony Bridge Pins - Crosby Audio

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
    I'll say it "one last time"-

WOODEN PICKS!

after discovering "timber tones" picks 2-3 years ago, I could NEVER go back to regular plastic/nylon kinds.

I recommend all my friends to try one.

sincerely

-Erlend
    You're using wooden picks for bridge pins?

If not, why are you posting that in this thread?

If you're passionate about using wood picks, start your own thread and tell us all about it.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I just put black TUSQ bridge pins in my Godin. I believe I can hear a little more sustain over the plastic pins. I do like the way the TUSQ material 'pings' when you drop it on a table. I don't know if that contributes to the sound, but it is cool anyway. I thought of ebony, but I can usually get a great deal on the TUSQ stuff, so I tried that.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just thought I'd share that i ordered another set and they came in a tin this time. Maybe some of the packaging was faulty and they changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

You're using wooden picks for bridge pins?

If not, why are you posting that in this thread?

If you're passionate about using wood picks, start your own thread and tell us all about it.
          Just to make you mad, bro .

(I've already made a thread about wooden picks,
          and I didn't think it would hurt to write a single post mentioning it.)

discovering wooden picks (I haven't tried wooden bridge pins yet) transformed my world of playing, and my sound- to something completely new and much better. I'd want more people to know about this "secret" as soon as possible.

Sorry! \m/

-Erl
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Working...
          X