Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bogner vs Bugera: Discuss

Default Re: Bogner vs Bugera: Discuss

Bogner ubers are amazing amps IMO,,,,,,just not game at those prices. Never even considered one due to price.

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demanic View Post
    Bogner and Line 6 partnered up about a decade ago to make one of the best modeling amps ever, the Spidervalve.
    And the Alchemist. Killer amp. I have both.

Alchemist is Line6 too???

Oh my
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Quote Originally Posted by ehdwuld View Post

Oh my
    Made in China.

watch where you point that sword Phantasmagoria's Avatar

Damn Chinese stuff

What do you know...I found a clip I already did ...Bugie does Boogie

Rough/first mix w/ raw tracks..

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gene View Post
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ehdwuld View Post

Oh my
    Line 6 did the Delay and Reverb. And did it well. It's been my #1 for the last few years. I think it's bad rap comes from not being super roadworthy. But since mine sits in my little studio . . . no probs so far.

Tone Member

TBH, I actually had this same confusion for years. Whenever I'd see someone list a Bogner at thousands of dollars, I instanty thought "WTF?"

Then, one day, I played an Ecstasy 101B. I never made that mistake again. Shortly after, I played a Twin Jet. And then, shortly after that, bought a Twin Jet.

Toneologist YeRedHouseOverYonder's Avatar

^^ I lol'd hard at that. Definitely have made that mistake before. The Twin Jet along with a Revv G120 are both my dream metal amps \m/

I have had a couple Bogners. Even the PCB ones were built like tanks and sounded really good (Barcelona and a New Yorker). The Handwired stuff is amazing and well-crafted. As always, shop used. There are killer deals on eBay or Reverb if you wait patiently.

I currently own my 2nd Helios 50W (sold the first one) and switched from Kemper back to tubes. The Helios is Bogner's anthology of Marshall's IMO. I like the 50W version better as it is more raw to my ears and the built in variac gets the amp to sag more for a convincing vintage tone. For my purposes, its a one-stop shop for Marshall tones. Each prospective channel just nails an absolute killer tone. The plexi went from hendrix to Page. The hot from Guns N Roses to Opeth/Mastodon. Takes pedals well. Really all I could want from one amp and not have to rely on a *ton of equipment.

The biggest downfall of the Helios is the channel switching capabilities. You won't be able to a killer clean or overdriven (plexi) tone and then footswitch to the hot channel and rip some leads. There's a huge volume drop *or increase when switching channels. Seems like the amp was designed to have two different voicings with is fine with me, annoying for others. A boost for the plexi channel bridges the gap a little more.

Here's a reference video of the high gain capability of a Helios. Put up against a Friedman JJ and Uberschall.

https://youtu.be/et4ucajusZQ

Some guitar pr0n since this thread needs more photos:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YeRedHouseOverYonder; Yesterday at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
    ^^ I lol'd hard at that. Definitely have made that mistake before. The Twin Jet along with a Revv G120 are both my dream metal amps \m/

I have had a couple Bogners. Even the PCB ones were built like tanks and sounded really good (Barcelona and a New Yorker). The Handwired stuff is amazing and well-crafted. As always, shop used. There are killer deals on eBay or Reverb if you wait patiently.

I currently own my 2nd Helios 50W (sold the first one) and switched from Kemper back to tubes. The Helios is Bogner's anthology of Marshall's IMO. I like the 50W version better as it is more raw to my ears and the built in variac gets the amp to sag more for a convincing vintage tone. For my purposes, its a one-stop shop for Marshall tones. Each prospective channel just nails an absolute killer tone. The plexi went from hendrix to Page. The hot from Guns N Roses to Opeth/Mastodon. Takes pedals well. Really all I could want from one amp and not have to rely on a top of equipment.

The biggest downfall of the Helios is the channel switching capabilities. You won't be able to a killer clean or overdriven (plexi) tone and then footswitch to the hot channel and rip some leads. There's a huge volume drop *or increase when switching channels. Seems like the amp was designed to have two different voicings with is fine with me, annoying for others. A boost for the plexi channel bridges the gap a little more.

Here's a reference video of the high gain capability of a Helios. Put up against a Friedman JJ and Uberschall.

https://youtu.be/et4ucajusZQ

Some guitar pr0n since this thread needs more photos:

What did you pay for your Helios ?

Toneologist YeRedHouseOverYonder's Avatar

Waaayyy under what most are selling for right now. I see these sitting at $2200 most of the time. If you're super patient and lucky, I've seen these as low as $1500. They fly off at that point. I paid $1750 shipped for mine. Custom cab is from Sourmash I believe. I asked for $1500, but the seller didn't want to ship this without a head cab. I can't complain tho, as I feel that's a decent deal on a handwired boutique amp. Cheapest one on Reverb right now is $2495 plus shipping, $95, and CA tax.

I do agree that Bogners do have a certain feel/sound (chew) that some don't like. I am definitely not one of them however.

Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    What did you pay for your Helios ?
    Last edited by YeRedHouseOverYonder; Yesterday at 02:33 PM.