Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid life crisis : new strat guitar wanted

Hello ppl! hope you are doing fine.
    After 6 years with no new guitar, I decided it's time for upgrades. I grew up with classic rock and rock, then metal, then thrash, death, industrial you name it, then came the funk metal, nu-metal years, then Djent. Today I feel like going back to more relaxed times. I am starting to move away from modern sounds.

So long story short : I want a new strat which must :
    - have playability , nice upper fret access
    - 22 frets
    - nice shreddy radius (12)
    - classic looks
    - no humbuckers
    - all sort of sounds
    - white
    - maple fretboard
    - locking tuners

So basically I want this : https://shop.fender.com/en-GR/electr....html?rl=en_US

What do you say? Thanks!

Re: mid life crisis : new strat guitar wanted

Well, that's a nice Strat although I don't particularly like big headstocks. But everything else is great, and it isn't too expensive at all.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've been thinking the same thing lately but like mincer, I don't like the big headstock either or the mint pickguard

Comment

Why do they use a mint pickguard and a black back cover?

Comment

The pickup/preamp setup is a little unique on that guitar. Of course we are pickup tinkerers here, no reason to stop you. CN you play the guitar first?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            The pickup/preamp setup is a little unique on that guitar. Of course we are pickup tinkerers here, no reason to stop you. CN you play the guitar first?
            I'll try !! I'll try to use a fine greek shop (nakas.gr) and stay away from online shops as much as I can. (especially thomann.de)

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
              Why do they use a mint pickguard and a black back cover?
              the colors to me are so malmsteenesque! So I like it a lot! The black battery socket ehmmm I don't know , nornally none will ever care about it.

Comment

That is a mighty fine guitar, it just needs black pickup covers and knobs.

Comment

DOOOO EEEEEET!!!!!!!!

And get a Hot rails bridge, and cools rails neck, and super 7 switching.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

American elite strat.

Compound radius neck. I think it's the best fender strat made outside of the custom shop.

Comment

I have the Roadhouse Strat. (I like the big headstock.) The cool feature of the RH is that is has a battery box, so can support active pups. I have a Livewire II set in mine. Sounds killer.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                        I have the Roadhouse Strat. (I like the big headstock.) The cool feature of the RH is that is has a battery box, so can support active pups. I have a Livewire II set in mine. Sounds killer.
                        Thanks for the review. So you think the stock pups/S1 switch and the 6-position tone shaper was meh?

Comment

The old Japan squier's aren't bad either-

one of the best strat's I've ever played, was an older Japan squier .
                          (my dad owns it).

I'm trying to persuade him, to sell it to me, or atleast let me borrow it.

High prices, doesn't always mean "high quality" or "good tone" !!

-Erlend
                          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                            Thanks for the review. So you think the stock pups/S1 switch and the 6-position tone shaper was meh?
                            I bought it from a forum bro who had already removed all the active stuff before I got it. I had the Livewire Classic II's laying around, so it was a no-brainer purchase. I don't know how the original electronics sounded.

Comment

ehmmmmm I imagine if the blackouts came in a "vintage" look that would be great hahaha. But anyways I don't think that its stock pups are garbage, they are noiseless as well, but who knows. I am thinking of sending my old strat back to my home town , bringing this to stock state, and then getting the deluxe roadhouse.

Comment

Working...
                              X