Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mid life crisis : new strat guitar wanted

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
    ehmmmmm I imagine if the blackouts came in a "vintage" look that would be great hahaha. But anyways I don't think that its stock pups are garbage, they are noiseless as well, but who knows. I am thinking of sending my old strat back to my home town , bringing this to stock state, and then getting the deluxe roadhouse.
    They definitely aren’t garbage. Between them and the preamp it may not be a vintage Strat tone, but I think it’ll sound pretty good straight out of the box.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

That is a cool strat. If you can swing it, do it. When I was living in Greece, I used thomann once. My favorite shops were in Patras because I lived there. There were two shops who were really good to me there. I never tried Nakas, in fact I have never heard of them until you mentioned them in this thread.

It has been 5 years since my last new guitar, so I have been in the market as well! Happy guitar hunting!
      Soundcloud

Comment

Why don't you get one made just for you
        To your specs

I mean. you have been playing for most of your life
        Why not talk to a luthier
        I really think you will be surprised at how affordable a custom built guitar can 3
        Especially now
        Most of my compatriots and myself are bleeding a fair bit from todays weird new normal
        Talk to a local luthier
        Play some of his/her product
        If it feels good it is good
        Keep it local if you can
        It helps your micro economy
        And
        It makes you and your luthier happy people
        www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

G&L Legacy.

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Crossley View Post
            Why don't you get one made just for you
            To your specs

I mean. you have been playing for most of your life
            Why not talk to a luthier
            I really think you will be surprised at how affordable a custom built guitar can 3
            Especially now
            Most of my compatriots and myself are bleeding a fair bit from todays weird new normal
            Talk to a local luthier
            Play some of his/her product
            If it feels good it is good
            Keep it local if you can
            It helps your micro economy
            And
            It makes you and your luthier happy people
            I totally get your point. But part of the crisis thing is nostalgia and this can't be found in local technicians. Call me dump, you are right. I mean I totally get your point.

Comment

Look hard at a Kiesel Delos, company is older than Fender and has never been sold out of the founding familys hands. The Delos offers a 14 radius, Stainless frets, has your enhanced upper access is available in 22 fret and a basic white with the Ghoto Trem and 3 singles in the GG Hardcase will be around $1400. That Fender is not on the same planet in build quality and playabilty you would have to go to a full CS Fender at well over 2x the price to even come close. Currently own 6 Carvin /Kiesel guitars and a Delos will likely be my next build.
              The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Here's one in action in the hands of a Duncan endorsee.
              Last edited by Ascension; 07-04-2020, 06:49 AM.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Hey , I got a Carvin, dc135 from 1988 (LH), fantastic sound but had a lot of problems (truss rod nut broke, neck twisted, wood around FR studs collapsed, etc ), had to be heavily restored, also modified it to RH. Great harmonics, sustain.

Comment

Hi, in the spirit towards the new guitar, I decided to convert my old Aria, from a franken maple-white strat back to what it was supposed to be.

Initial configuration (all stock except pups and bidge) :

how it became after the white-maple-ification :

and how it is now :

Comment

Nice! It is going to look a feel like a new guitar for a while!
                    Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
                      Nice! It is going to look a feel like a new guitar for a while!
                      haha, yes, "for a while' being the key phrase here !! Thing is most ppl said it was impossible to undo the white color and revert to the original looks, but it was doable. I like it much better now. No more messy sticky acrylic paint. Yikes. The true miracle was that the truss rod pf the old neck behaves realy well (I had my doubts), and the biggest the electrics worked with minimal repairs, we talk about dimarzio fast track II with push-pull series/parallel , the chopper also with push-pull series/parallel , + a "add bridge to any position" switch . A total of 17 tones.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post

haha, yes, "for a while' being the key phrase here !! Thing is most ppl said it was impossible to undo the white color and revert to the original looks, but it was doable. I like it much better now. No more messy sticky acrylic paint. Yikes. The true miracle was that the truss rod pf the old neck behaves realy well (I had my doubts), and the biggest the electrics worked with minimal repairs, we talk about dimarzio fast track II with push-pull series/parallel , the chopper also with push-pull series/parallel , + a "add bridge to any position" switch . A total of 17 tones.
                        Oh wow, talk about versatility! But yeah man, nothing beats a new-to-you guitar without actually buying one! Enjoy it!
                        Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                        X