Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jammin Steve Clark's modified JCM-800

Re: Jammin Steve Clark's modified JCM-800

That's the last album of theirs I liked. I loved that dry bark and grunt he got from that amp on that album. I didn't care for anything they did after getting Phil Collen. Any idea of what mods were done?

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
      That's the last album of theirs I liked. I loved that dry bark and grunt he got from that amp on that album. I didn't care for anything they did after getting Phil Collen. Any idea of what mods were done?
      Yeah, the guitar work on High n Dry and Pyromania is so tasty and smooth and super super underrated.

There singles were so nice and poppy and produced with the nice keyboards that I do not ever think that guitar duo ever got their proper due.

One other thing about DL -they're song arrangement is stellar on those records (not sure how much is the band) but they went from a good ACDC almost cover band on the first record to their own thing in very short order.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Years ago i had heard about the mods but its a 1959 model JMP with a PPIMV of sorts and maybe a cascaded preamp.

Comment

That amp was for sale on eBay a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            Yeah, the guitar work on High n Dry and Pyromania is so tasty and smooth and super super underrated.

There singles were so nice and poppy and produced with the nice keyboards that I do not ever think that guitar duo ever got their proper due.

One other thing about DL -they're song arrangement is stellar on those records (not sure how much is the band) but they went from a good ACDC almost cover band on the first record to their own thing in very short order.
            Yes their first two albums were very AC/DC influenced but that's what I liked about them. They sounded like a bunch of blue-collar boys from a steel town that were chasing their dreams by playing straight forward hard rock. When they started incorporating synths and writing ballads I thought they just sounded like watered-down Bon Jovi wannabes who had sold out.
            Last edited by idsnowdog; 06-30-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Yes their first two albums were very AC/DC influenced but that's what I liked about them. They sounded like a bunch of blue-collar boys from a steel town that were chasing their dreams by playing straight forward hard rock. When they started incorporating synths and writing ballads I thought they just sounded like watered-down Bon Jovi wannabes who had sold out.
              No offense, but there has never been a day where Def Leppard wasn't better than Bon Jovi
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The boys from Sheffield ...
                Last edited by JMP/HBE; 06-30-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Comment

Its a JCM 800. They all sound like that.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Its a JCM 800. They all sound like that.

Subjective. Do all farts sound the same ?
                      Last edited by JMP/HBE; 07-01-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

You can hear that distinctive tone from the albums... in that vid.

High n Dry = one of my favorite tones.

Bring back Pete Willis!

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Subjective. Do all farts sound the same ?
                          Why do these type of videos make me wildly uncomfortable?

Comment

I dunno what it is, but I kinda preferred DL's Pyromania and High'n Dry... Hysteria... I dunno to me it sounds overly produced not rock but sorta popy you know...

B
                            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                              I dunno what it is, but I kinda preferred DL's Pyromania and High'n Dry... Hysteria... I dunno to me it sounds overly produced not rock but sorta popy you know...

B
                              Agreed...:their early stuff was raw and gritty.
                              Their later stuff was definitely a radio-friendly production. Much like Metallica’s Black Album.
                              And really, who can blame a band for going in that direction. When you decide that being in a band is going to be your main life’s pursuit, isn’t the end goal to be the biggest most recognized entity you can become.
                              A goal attained by both bands.

Comment

Working...
                              X