banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Gibson Vixen turn into the 2014 Melody Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did the Gibson Vixen turn into the 2014 Melody Maker?

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
    I have never seen a Goddess in person so there might be something I don't like about how they feel but I think I would love to own one. I wouldn't turn down a Vixen, either, but I would probably refinish it.
    I played a blue Goddess years ago. It screamed, great player and a very cool finish.

Comment

I love the way they look, and I like thin body guitars and i like Gibsons, so it seems like a natural fit for me. The name doesn't draw me in or push me away. But they must be a but rare, which is ok because I do not need another guitar.

Comment

I really like the thinner LPs. I liked the Firebrands, and the Smart Woods, too.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I really like the thinner LPs. I liked the Firebrands, and the Smart Woods, too.
          A Firebrand was my first higher-end guitar. It sounded good, but the frets on mine were really low and wide, and I could never get used to the feel of it.

Comment

I have a thin Les Paul that's comfortable and sounds great and a great player. It's called an SG.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              I have a thin Les Paul that's comfortable and sounds great and a great player. It's called an SG.
              Yeah, but the balance isn't right for me, and the neck pickup is sort of in the 'wrong' place.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                You are preaching to the choir - an SG was my main guitar for years! I think the did a Godess series of SGs too, and I wouldn't mind one of those either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Yeah, but the balance isn't right for me, and the neck pickup is sort of in the 'wrong' place.
                  Ah ha, but a good strap won’t allow it to dive, and the right sounding pickup in the neck can help get around the position of it. But yeah, I get it just can’t work for some. Everything is a trade off.

Comment

Working...
                  X