1990s Music Tribute LP with Dimarzios, Locking Grovers, Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990s Music Tribute LP with Dimarzios, Locking Grovers, Bag

Hello friends! I am proud to present my latest creation. This started life as a Xaviere Les Paul Standard guitar and we have transformed it into a tribute to the 1990's music scene.

You can see an overview of the build process at my blog www.hammersandchords.com

The guitar features real CD booklets that have been artistically applied to the guitar and then covered with two coats of resin epoxy. The results are pretty striking!! The top and headstock are a gloss finish and the album artwork really pops.

But, this is not just a beautiful instrument - the guitar sports a set of USA DiMarzio humbuckers. There is a Super Distortion in the bridge and a 36th Anniversary PAF in the neck. The perfect combination to rip out some Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains riffs.

To keep in tune, the guitar has a set of Grover mini-roto locking tuners. And to top it off, the guitar was completely re-wired with new pots, caps, and wire by a local guitar tech (and also set-up).

The guitar comes with a brand new super deluxe gigbag with neck restraint. Will be shipped in the gigbag and super well packed.

Hammers and chords is my artistic endeavor - I look for slightly used guitars that are rock-solid and try to turn them into rock and roll artwork that you can bring to your next gig, your next practice, your next lesson, or your next jam session in the your basement. I hope you like it!

NOTE - there are a few minor things to point out. Near the switch cavity on the back there are a few minor scratches and one slightly-smaller-than-a-dime ding. There is also a small area of the binding near where your forearm would rest that has a little abrasion. The guitar must have been put down a little sharply at some point in the past. It is tough to see and I've sanded it down during the refinish so you can't feel anything.

Also, the entire back of the guitar has been lightly sanded and polished to a satin finish. A true "grunge" guitar wouldn't be entirely shiny, would it!? So, you will find micro-scratches on the back from knocking down the finish to a satin finish.

Thanks for reading this and please ask any questions!

Click image for larger version

Name:	svjawj6rtyp4tevawgdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	5854659

Name:	pjeuobqwnnjuqcan0c3x.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	5854660

Name:	fsf7e8hyoykz4g3uwb40.jpg
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	5854661

Name:	mj9unberhiw706dokflu.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	5854662

Video!

Selling for $725 plus shipping on reverb. Will sell to Duncan Forum mate for $700 shipped. (USA)
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com
Working...
X