banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue or Princeton Reverb Reissue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue or Princeton Reverb Reissue?

Originally posted by CK71 View Post
    I own the 65 DRRI and use it mainly for home use with a couple of telecasters as well as a strat. I generally play a fairly clean and bluesy tone and the amp excels! It takes pedals very well including dirt pedals.
    At what volume on the Deluxe do you keep it? What made you go for the DRRI and not another amp, like the PRRI?

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyBearWombat View Post
      You are making it tough! They both sound exceptional. I am leaning more toward the Deluxe now because of its history with blues.
      To be honest, you aren’t going to be disappointed with any of them.

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it, once you get your amp, explore everything it can do then try a bunch of different overdrives until you find the one that works with you, your guitar/pickups and the amp. For me it’s a FD2 with the Princeton Reverb, that combo with my Strats is perfect for me. Find your perfect combo.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        To be honest, you aren’t going to be disappointed with any of them.

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it, once you get your amp, explore everything it can do then try a bunch of different overdrives until you find the one that works with you, your guitar/pickups and the amp. For me it’s a FD2 with the Princeton Reverb, that combo with my Strats is perfect for me. Find your perfect combo.
        Thank you. I am leaning toward the Deluxe now for my blues playing. I will see how it goes.

Comment

I think the Deluxe is one of the most perfect amps ever designed.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyBearWombat View Post
            At what volume on the Deluxe do you keep it? What made you go for the DRRI and not another amp, like the PRRI?
            I use the vibrato channel on input 2 nearly exclusively. My amp volume is just under 3 which is just right for me. I also use an mxr 10 band eq and Wampler Euphoria. The EQ I increase the gain and decrease the volume, which helps give it some warmth and keep the volume bedroom level. The level on the Euphoria is around 10 o'clock. I don't disturb any neighbors or my family so it works great. I couldn't be happier!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              my old '66 dr is beat to crap but hasnt really given me much trouble at all considering. what issues did your pro reverb have? old blackface or ?
              It was a reissue blackface. There was an unbearable buzz with the reverb on.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                I think the Deluxe is one of the most perfect amps ever designed.
                Yeah, thats why the Fender Deluxe is considered the Desert Island Amp of all amps.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                  Yeah, thats why the Fender Deluxe is considered the Desert Island Amp of all amps.
                  Long as that desert island has 110 volts you can plug into. Otherwise, you'd be better off with a ukulele.
                  “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

ill take a martin over a uke

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                      Long as that desert island has 110 volts you can plug into. Otherwise, you'd be better off with a ukulele.
                      don't be a dumb*ss... the island has a cycle maid of bamboo with a generator with a palm tree flywheel that produces 3 phase A/C and tap off a leg for your Amp, on for your movie screen, and one to make ice for the cocktails

Click image for larger version

Name:	Generator.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	5821000
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Get the deluxe...

Did you get it yet?

Comment

Yeah, get the DRRI...

B
                          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                            Get the deluxe...

Did you get it yet?
                            Will do at the end of the month. Thank you all!

Comment

Working...
                            X