Help with wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with wiring

I've spent the past few weeks learning and building my own bass. I'm very close to the end now and came to wire it together and am getting no sound. I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on to the situation.

I've been following this diagram:

and the following components:

Blend pot: https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-an...entiometer/QVD

Volume and tone pots:

I've checked over the diagram a fair few times and I can't spot any issues there. I've also had a good look for a short and don't think this is the problem either.

I've done some continuity checking with a multimeter and found that the circuit stops at the blend pot - so I assume that there is an issue with this. I was getting a buzz checking the live from the jack input to only one of the outputs on the blend pot. In my head this should mean that one of the pickups is working and not the other as i believe they are running in parallel (forgive me if this is wrong, as you can probably tell I'm very new at this)

I think my best option is to replace the blend pot. Unless anyone can tell me I've done something wrong elsewhere.

My main questions are:
    Is my blend pot correct?
    Is my logic re parallel circuits correct and what is likely to be the next problem if its not the blend pot?
    I'm also not able to get a continuity check across the pickups. Is this normal? I can check resistance in them however

Re: Help with wiring

Welcome to the forum!
    I am sorry you are having issues. Can you post a few pics of your actual wiring? From your description, it sounds like the blend pot might not be working properly.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: Help with wiring

Originally posted by bacey_ View Post
      If that link is correct, that's not a blend pot. (And I don't even see one on their webpage.) That would would definitely cause a problem.

This is a blend pot: https://guitarelectronics.com/bourns...nce-blend-pot/

Even though they look similar, the internal construction is completely different.

Comment

Working...
      X