And of course the cool snake tailpiece

EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Re: It's Official: Placed Order for Custom Orpheo Bass Guitar

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      I have a swamp ash LP
      It sounds awesome to me
      Its weight relieved and about 8 pounds

Modded it with the JB/JAZZ set and Triple shot rings
      And Grover locking tuners
      And of course the cool snake tailpiece

Nice Les Paul! I love it, the snake tail piece is a nice touch. The Jazz/JB combo is tried and true. If I ever see a swamp ash Gibson Les Paul in person that feels right to me, I am definitely going to buy it. What year is yours?

I have a Warmoth swamp ash Regal with the Whole Lotta Humbucker set that I really love:

Click image for larger version

Name:	11884979_10153609286167079_1671807542004725085_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	5821006

But your swamp ash Les Paul kinda reminds me of my black korina LP because of the color. I am having some technical difficulties attaching more than one photo in this reply... Hold on.
      Soundcloud

Comment

Here is my black korina LP, jazz neck, classic stack middle, jazz bridge. Wenge neck, ziricote fretboard... this is my oldest guitar (sorry for the poor photo quality):

Name:	Jade 2014.jpg
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	5821007
        Soundcloud

Comment

Guess I will try it this way:

Name:	thumbnail_20200704_220841.jpg
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	5821008

Name:	thumbnail_20200704_220710.jpg
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	5821009
          Soundcloud

Comment

That blue Warmoth is dynamite. Did you stain it, or did Warmoth? How does it sound?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              That blue Warmoth is dynamite. Did you stain it, or did Warmoth? How does it sound?
              Thank you! I love that guitar. It became my favorite guitar the first day I played it in August of 2015.

I wish I had that kind of finishing skill! Warmoth finished it. Warmoth has done such a fantastic job with everything I have ordered, I really hope to hear from them again soon. They have earned my loyalty.

Although, if I like this orpheo bass, I may be asking him to do a purple LP guitar next...

To answer your question, the blue Warmoth has an attitude! Part of it is obviously the WLH pickups, but this guitar has such a wide range of tonal possibilities.

With any kind of dirt, fuzz, distortion, gain, etc... the crunch is so nasty but with plenty of definition. I have it wired with push/push pots to operate either pickup in single coil mode as well, so for example, my big muff pi with the bridge in single coil mode is a lot of fun.

The cleans are awesome too! This guitar can clean up for funk or reggae, or it can deliver some really glassy blues. It can twang it out too. I really, really love the tone of this guitar. It is very articulate. Someday I need to start recording some clips again, but ideally I would like to start a band again in the near future. Either way, getting some clips out there for some of these Warmoths with Duncans would be cool.
              Last edited by Snake Aces; 07-05-2020, 01:34 AM.
              Soundcloud

Comment

Some more photos of Jolene, the blue Warmoth:

Name:	11895238_10153575382697079_1220148731544451691_o.jpg
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	5821010

Name:	11895186_10153575382832079_4629295043703918736_o.jpg
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	5821011

Here is the old thread for more information about it.
                Soundcloud

Comment

One more photo, after all, this blue swamp ash look is the inspiration behind the idea to get an orpheo LP bass:

Name:	thumbnail_Scarlett and Jolene.jpg
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	5821012
                  Soundcloud

Comment

Purple lp's are my speciality!

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                      Purple lp's are my speciality!
                      I noticed when I saw your photos... I am a huge fan of Prince, so when I have a bespoke purple LP made, I want it to be my best guitar! I have a feeling you will be able to help me with that after the bass is complete...
                      Soundcloud

Comment

My Reptile Green LP is a 2016 Gibson Custom Studio

The new S Series Les Paul Custom Studio showcases the iconic carved-top Les Paul design and features a nitrocellulose finish, with a new Nitro stain on both body and neck for a gorgeous vintage look. It has a set neck made of one piece of solid maple, with a slim-taper profile, topped with a genuine one-piece rosewood fingerboard. The body is crafted from swamp ash with 9-hole weight relief for superb playing comfort and enhanced resonance, and the guitar is loaded with completely new, modern, Made-in-USA, Double Slugs Alnico 5 Rhythm DS-A5 and Lead DS-A5+ humbuckers to deliver amazing quality, tone and playability.
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                          My Reptile Green LP is a 2016 Gibson Custom Studio

http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/El...-S-Series.aspx
                          That is awesome! I did not even know Gibson made those in 2016, very cool. I want one!
                          Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
                            Thank you! I love that guitar. It became my favorite guitar the first day I played it in August of 2015.

I wish I had that kind of finishing skill! Warmoth finished it. Warmoth has done such a fantastic job with everything I have ordered, I really hope to hear from them again soon. They have earned my loyalty.

Although, if I like this orpheo bass, I may be asking him to do a purple LP guitar next...

To answer your question, the blue Warmoth has an attitude! Part of it is obviously the WLH pickups, but this guitar has such a wide range of tonal possibilities.

With any kind of dirt, fuzz, distortion, gain, etc... the crunch is so nasty but with plenty of definition. I have it wired with push/push pots to operate either pickup in single coil mode as well, so for example, my big muff pi with the bridge in single coil mode is a lot of fun.

The cleans are awesome too! This guitar can clean up for funk or reggae, or it can deliver some really glassy blues. It can twang it out too. I really, really love the tone of this guitar. It is very articulate. Someday I need to start recording some clips again, but ideally I would like to start a band again in the near future. Either way, getting some clips out there for some of these Warmoths with Duncans would be cool.
                            They did a great job building my guitar too. I wrote a blog about the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              They did a great job building my guitar too. I wrote a blog about the process.
                              Awesome, I am reading it right now. I am only a few paragraphs in and I am already enjoying it. It definitely brings me back, in a nostalgic way, to when I was trying to decide what I wanted to do with my first parts build.

I love the line... "my first good guitar" because that is how I classify a lot of things in my past. My first good guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul, before that I had a crappy guitar that was a discount item at a small department store in the 90s. I do that with cars too, my first car was a manual Honda Accord but I blew the engine in about 5 weeks, so I always say my first real car was an '86 VW GTI.

Anyway, I enjoy blogging myself. Blogging makes up for about 75% of my clients as a writer these days, so I always enjoy reading a well written blog. Nice work in capturing more than just the process within your writing. I will finish reading it now...
                              Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
                                Awesome, I am reading it right now. I am only a few paragraphs in and I am already enjoying it. It definitely brings me back, in a nostalgic way, to when I was trying to decide what I wanted to do with my first parts build.

I love the line... "my first good guitar" because that is how I classify a lot of things in my past. My first good guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul, before that I had a crappy guitar that was a discount item at a small department store in the 90s. I do that with cars too, my first car was a manual Honda Accord but I blew the engine in about 5 weeks, so I always say my first real car was an '86 VW GTI.

Anyway, I enjoy blogging myself. Blogging makes up for about 75% of my clients as a writer these days, so I always enjoy reading a well written blog. Nice work in capturing more than just the process within your writing. I will finish reading it now...
                                Orpheo and I were bloggers for SD for awhile, before they stopped doing that. If you browse through the blogs, you can find dozens that he wrote, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X