banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Artificial Intelligence to keep track of your pedal settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using Artificial Intelligence to keep track of your pedal settings.

MXR Stereo Chorus

Comment

Neunaber Expanse

Comment

Mesa Throttle Box

More quick demos to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          I'm pretty sure that it was a unit that bolted on to his Fender Twin. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
          the wizzer has been used by neil since since the late 70's with his old fender tweed deluxe. neil does use an old tweed twin sometimes too but the wizzer was designed for his old 5e3

Comment

Yeah.,. Well the problem is getting those setting correct for éveything we want to do.
            When I do that I'll worry about saving them

Comment

This is great idea!

How I see myself using this; wouldn't it be not too hard to make it possible to store these as kind of cards for settings + notes (optionally audio attached too), that could be then scrolled like power point.

Being old-fashioned I didn't catch all the ideas in original post and don't care about connectivity, but that would be brilliant on it's own already.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Very cool. What's the incremental benefit over taking a photo and looking at the settings in that? Are you using the extracted knob positions in any meaningful way?

Now if you could magically model all those pedals in true fidelity based upon those settings (a big "if") or change the settings on the analog pedals (but if they were midi controlled, you probably wouldn't need this app), that would be interesting.

Still I like this...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                  This is great idea!

How I see myself using this; wouldn't it be not too hard to make it possible to store these as kind of cards for settings + notes (optionally audio attached too), that could be then scrolled like power point.

Being old-fashioned I didn't catch all the ideas in original post and don't care about connectivity, but that would be brilliant on it's own already.
                  Hey! The user will be able to scroll through all pedals but in order to see the settings, the user has to press on the image. That would open the setting and display the knobs. I can think of ways to show all this in a different manner just like what you are suggesting. Thanks for the answer!

Originally posted by quadquadquadquad View Post
                  Very cool. What's the incremental benefit over taking a photo and looking at the settings in that? Are you using the extracted knob positions in any meaningful way?

Now if you could magically model all those pedals in true fidelity based upon those settings (a big "if") or change the settings on the analog pedals (but if they were midi controlled, you probably wouldn't need this app), that would be interesting.

Still I like this...
                  The virtual knobs that the app generates can be tweaked in case you find a new sound or setting. That way you don't have to take another picture. You will be able to clone the settings in the app in case you have several settings for the same pedal. So after cloning a setting, you would tweak the knobs in the app to match your pedal's. Other than that they are just used for reference just like the picture.

About the other things that you are mentioning. Both have been on my mind and are certainly pretty interesting, but they are not possible at the moment. I'll keep them on my list for future releases for sure!

Thanks a lot!

Comment

By the way guys!

The official website for KnobsAI is up! and you can sign up for the beta. The app is coming for Android and iOS.

It would be awesome to have you guys try the app before the launch. There are limited spots!

You can sign up here: https://knobs.ai

Comment

Hey, I just signed up for the waiting list! Sorry if I missed it, but I am wondering if it can do the following:

1.: I find the Holy Grail settings on my my dirt pedal for using my guitar loaded with high output active pups, so I save it i nthis app
                      2.: Next day I play my other guitar, with medium output passives, so I tweak the dirt pedal. cause it's just not right with the previous settings.
                      3.: Then when I pick up my guitar with actives, I want to recreate the "holy grail" settings. Can I use the app to check if the settings I did are the same? I'm thinking checking the current physical settings against the saved virtual ones in the app.

Comment

This sounded like a really silly and complicated solution to a simple problem when I read the thread title so it is probably a solid winner!
                        (Seriously. It took forever for my wife to convince me to use Pinterest, for example. I think I am a pretty good opposite barometer for what will work in this realm and just reading through this thread made me go "oh, yeah!" a couple times.)

Comment

Working...
                        X