Effects units with cutoff frequeny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects units with cutoff frequeny?

I sold all of my multi-effect units years ago and they were all from the 90's. Is there a newer multi-effect unit that allows you to set a cutoff frequency for effects? Specifically, I'm talking about effects like delay, flange, chorus, and phaser where you can set it to only work on treble frequencies and leave bass frequencies alone. I would like to find something that would allow me to set a cutoff frequency and then set a ratio of effect and dry mix.

Re: Effects units with cutoff frequeny?

A mixer or crossover might work but they aren't as a DSP parameter.

Comment

Look at the internal routing in modelers like Helix, Axe FX 3, FM3, etc. If you just want effects, you can disable the amp/cab modeling.

In general, modelers have replaced multi-effects units in 2020. It's a rabbit hole though. Starting to see modelers that look like multi-effects.

One other idea is if you could use the effect loop in some with the appropriate EQ. Suspect that will be limiting.

Comment

Some Leslie effects will let you adjust the "horn" (highs) and"rotor" (lows) separately.
        And there are chorus pedals with settings that use a different effect on the highs than they use on the lows.
        Neunaber Inspire has modes using chorus on lows & vibrato on the highs, or detune on lows & chorus on the highs.

I seem to remember a chorus pedal that could be set to only process the treble, but I don't recall which one it was.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I guess that a simple "active crossover" for PA systems (can be found rather cheap)
          will do the trick

They're often rack sized, though... and there's no "blend" controls either :/
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I know a lot of bass pedals have this feature, but I can't remember reading anything about it in a multi.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I might be able to use my parametric EQ in the effects loop to feed a multi-effects unit and then mix the ratio back on the modeler.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                I might be able to use my parametric EQ in the effects loop to feed a multi-effects unit and then mix the ratio back on the modeler.
                That's what I was about to suggest.
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Creating a parallel path and using an EQ or crossover to kill the low end on the effected part is probably the easiest way.

Comment

I don't like how chorus, flange and phaser make mush of the bass response.

Comment

Ugh... Yeah they do, it's swampy and the bottem end is murky

Comment

Didn't Boss make a Hi Band Flanger? Isn't that what it does? I think it only affected the high frequencies.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          Didn't Boss make a Hi Band Flanger? Isn't that what it does? I think it only affected the high frequencies.
                          I started to post about my MXR Chorus, but the OP is looking for a Multi-effect with the capability. Can't think of a multi-effect with that, unless it has a sidechain and EQs and some routing built-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            The HF-2, it’s a great sound. I’m not sure how it filters/works if it’s a shorter delay time or if there is filtering going on.

You’d think there would be an easier way, but a parallel mixer with Kill Dry and an EQ in series would technically work. That seems like a lot of work though.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The high band flanger is a flanger with an octave effect. So the name is a bit misleading. There is a bass delay that has a cutoff frequency but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X