banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did This Slip Under The Radar? Wes Hauch "Jupiter" Set for 6-String!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Did This Slip Under The Radar? Wes Hauch "Jupiter" Set for 6-String!

Super-stoked that a 6-string version of the Wes Hauch signature "Jupiter" bridge and neck humbuckers have been released, apparently silently, by SD!

This is officially the first dual-rail 6-string pickup to come out of Duncan since the Dimebucker in the '90s!

Not sure if these are proper production models or not, but street price is mid-way between production and Custom Shop.

Guess who bought the first one with the help of his extra eBay bucks? {This Guy}

LINK

Re: How Did This Slip Under The Radar? Wes Hauch "Jupiter" Set for 6-String!

never heard of it, looks cool!

Comment

I missed this too. Is it in certain markets? I hadn't seen anything on social media, either.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

BanjoMikez is selling them and he's here in the U.S.

Not sure what the story is, but I've been hoping for a 6-string model since the 7-string version came out!

Rail pickups rock and Seymour Duncan rail pickups are even better!

Comment

What are the specs on it?
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
            What are the specs on it?
            You tell me! There's no info anywhere

Comment

Are the rails curved just a bit like on the 7-string versions?,,,,or flat like the dime?

Comment

Could it be a dealer special batch? I saw some dealers stock some pickups in shop floor custom versions, like white bobbin Black Winters.

@dave 74: on the demo videos I watched it lokked like the rails are curved/arched, not flush with the bobbin surface.

Comment

Maybe!

I also grabbed the matching neck, just 'cause. I'll let you know what specs I can figure out once they arrive

Comment

I'll be curious to know more. I'm a sucker for high-output rails and double-screws.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                      @dave 74: on the demo videos I watched it lokked like the rails are curved/arched, not flush with the bobbin surface.
                      BTW Ijust realized that I cannot read properly... Of course I saw NO demo of the 6 string, I was being really smart and stated things about the 7 string model, whn in reality the question was clearly about the 6...

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                        Could it be a dealer special batch? I saw some dealers stock some pickups in shop floor custom versions, like white bobbin Black Winters.
                        That's exactly what Mike does. He looks for color and option combinations that other people don't have. I haven't been in the shop for around a year now. It's still there, but never open the times I can get there.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                          That's exactly what Mike does. He looks for color and option combinations that other people don't have. I haven't been in the shop for around a year now. It's still there, but never open the times I can get there.
                          That's actually a pretty smart business move, I like it a lot. Win-win, everyone's happy.

Comment

Just a heads up, there's one bridge pickup left! LINK

And 2 necks: LINK

Comment

UPDATE: Banjomikez got back to me. He says that, as far as he knows, this is a standard pickup offering that has been available for order by dealers since the end of last month!

So, it's NOT a small-batch/limited-run item that's exclusive to him, which is sort of exciting!

I figured that might be the case since they didn't come with basic "shop floor custom" packaging

Comment

Working...
                              X