banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did This Slip Under The Radar? Wes Hauch "Jupiter" Set for 6-String!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Did This Slip Under The Radar? Wes Hauch "Jupiter" Set for 6-String!

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
    UPDATE: Banjomikez got back to me. He says that, as far as he knows, this is a standard pickup offering that has been available for order by dealers since the end of last month!

So, it's NOT a small-batch/limited-run item that's exclusive to him, which is sort of exciting!

I figured that might be the case since they didn't come with basic "shop floor custom" packaging
    Thanks for investigating. With so little news coming out of the music industry as a whole, this is a welcome addition!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have no idea who that is, but I imagine it's potentially insulting to the artist to release a signature model and not even bother to advertise it.

I'm in favor of more rail pickups though. They look so cool. I've never used one (other than EMGs and single coil sized humbuckers) but the more rail pickups there are, the better chance of one fitting my needs.

How is this thing supposed to sound?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep in mind, though, that there is no summer NAMM this year, and the big trade shows is where this sort of thing is announced. So other companies may come out with new stuff this time of year, too...or may have cancelled product development for awhile because the loss in revenue due to being shut down.

Comment

its a hot ceramic pup so id assume its pretty aggressive but ???

Comment

Technically, this article is talking about the 7-string version, but it does have some info.

Comment

I've decided to use them in a Fender "Meteora" style build (outlined in my latest thread in the "Guitar Shop"). Seemed fitting..."Jupiter" pickups in a "Meteora" guitar!

My hope is that they are a slightly less brash/fuller-sounding Dimebucker, but I bet they're killer pickups, regardless. Plus, there's a dedicated neck model, which has been a missing feature in the "rail" family.

I'm currently trying to think of the best way to wire them up?

The guitar will have a classic Fender-style blade switch, 1 Volume and 1 Tone. I'm betting coil splits would work really well on the Jupiters!

Comment

Two separate mini switches for the two pickups or just one and do them all at once

Comment

Not sure if I want to add extra switches, but I'm not opposed to it, either!

BTW, here's a shot taken from the launch video last year showing the fairly typical construction:

Comment

If you do them both you can split them I series, right?

Comment

Yeah, technically...Artie's "Virtual 3rd Humbucker", I believe?

Comment

because the loss in revenue due to being shut down.
                        And you know this how?
                        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

martin, dimarzio, duncan... lots of factories were closed. hard to make money when everything is shutdown. not sure what you are asking

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                            And you know this how?
                            That product development stopped? That shipping stopped? That cashflow stopped for several months? I know because I know a guy.

Comment

Goober, your post makes no sense. What does it matter anyway? Cat's out of the bag now!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X