banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I think the SD Sentient is *almost* the perfect neck PU for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, I think the SD Sentient is *almost* the perfect neck PU for me...

Originally posted by Anficht View Post
    I solved this exact problem with a Ceramic magnet in my Sentient.
    This is interesting, as my current bridge pickup is a ceramic magnet (Dmz Dreamcatcher)

Does this significantly change the overall tone/feel/character of the pickup, other than addressing the main issue I was referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by ericcomposer72 View Post
      This is interesting, as my current bridge pickup is a ceramic magnet (Dmz Dreamcatcher)

Does this significantly change the overall tone/feel/character of the pickup, other than addressing the main issue I was referring to?
      What are your thoughts on the Dream Catcher? I’m dying to try one....

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        What are your thoughts on the Dream Catcher? I’m dying to try one....
        I love it. With that caveat that I had taken a hiatus from playing guitar for about 15 years, and the only recent pickups I've compared it to are: Dmz Evolution, Dmz Norton, Dmz Illuminator 7, Carvin C26 (7 string), this is what I think about it:

Really like the fact that the output isn't super-high. Very clear yet rich sounding, with a nice, crisp attack. Highs are very smooth, not piercing at all, yet the crunch for chords and bite on single notes is still there. Harmonics/overtones seem to beautifully jump off of it, depending on how you attack with the pick- very responsive. Very capable of producing "bell-like" overtones above the 12th fret

I'm mostly playing leads, but I was very impressed with it's crispness for rhythm, as well. I thought it did a pretty convincing Metallica MOP/AJFO rhythm "chug" when I scooped the mids & used the "deep V" EQ on my Mark III.

Comment

Originally posted by ericcomposer72 View Post

No, it still does sound very much like a Sentient. It just tightens up the mids, and makes the pickup a tad more present.
          For my taste, it was exactly what it needed to make a good pickup great! Try it, I think this is exactly what you need (plus it is easily reversible if you don't like it - but I think this is what you're lookin for)

Comment

Working...
          X