banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibson LP with Pearly Gates neck: Seth, Antiquity or Slash bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson LP with Pearly Gates neck: Seth, Antiquity or Slash bridge?

Hi everyone,

I've given up on the burstbuckers of my Les Paul Standard: adjusted the pickup height etc, but it's still too harsh for my taste. Having had previous experience with the Pearly Gates bridge pickup and having read great reviews about it, I just ordered a PG neck. Now I'm in doubt about which pickup would make a good match with the PGn. I'm prone to the Slash because it's also Al2 so I presume there shouldn't be a great difference in output, but I also liked the reviews I saw on the Seth Lovers and the Antiquitys. My style is classic rock/ blues (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, GnR). I know these are all great pickups, but which is the most suitable for the PGn?

Re: Gibson LP with Pearly Gates neck: Seth, Antiquity or Slash bridge?

Any of those would be fine depending on your personal taste. I would choose the Slash for the bridge though.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

All of them blend well with the PG. If you are worried about it sounding harsh, stick to the Slash or original Alnico II Pro.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Slash, or a Pearly Bridge, or a Whole Lotta Humbucker bridge.

Not Seth Bridge. Can't speak to Antiquity humbucker, don't have a set.

Comment

BB Pros right? Why not try changing their a5's with a2's and you'll be getting yourself a BB#1 and #2 depending on how hot your BB Pros are? You may like them with a2 mags.

Changing mags is not that difficult.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Wait, why would you not just use the Pearly Gates Bridge with the Pearly Gates Neck?

Comment

Working...
            X