banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring inquiry regarding my recent project (H-S-H guitar splitting inner coils, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post

Another consequence of that particular wiring switcheroo would be that in both split coil modes, only one of the two humbuckers would be getting split. Don't know if your ear picked that up?
    Yes- I noticed switch "down" on the bridge superswitch position gives me the full bridge and inner neck, and switch "up" on the neck gives me full neck and outer bridge.

Good, this confirms the wiring switch-up! I think this may have been what was going on the whole time, even before I opened up the back (i.e. no short-circuiting happening). I had just assumed that it was something different at first.

Comment

Well, I am now starting to LOVE the "accidentally" created configurations that are now possible! For my uses, and with my amp, the setting where I get the full neck pickup with one coil of the bridge is really fantastic- it maintains the warmth and liquidy-ness of the neck pickup, but gives some added bite/definition.

Also, the setting with the full bridge with one coil of the neck gives me the edge/bite/attack of the bridge pickup, with added smoothness and harmonic richness that is just amazing.

I'm astounded with how many sounds I can get! It helps that my new Boogie Mark IIC+ turns every electric signal into a work of art

Comment

Working...
      X