New Death-thrash track...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Death-thrash track...

Yeah..did another one that's kinda doom/death-thrashy. A bit like Mercenary era Bolt Thrower or SFU..

Just used a stock rhythm guitar preset from my Mooer GE300 ("Powerbell" aka Powerball) and my SR bass/Ugritone "thrash" drums...

Timing's not perfect & it's a bit murky/rough around the edges...but otherwise it turned out ok. I even threw in a choppy semi-out-of-key lead or two

Had my first band gig in quite a while last night \m/ (..sweet gig/bad hangover lol) ...but I got this done all the same
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: New Death-thrash track...

Nice. Those leads have a hint of classic Slayer!,,,,would be right at home on SOH album.

Comment

Thanks! SoH is my fave Slayer album so that's nice to hear

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

It has always been my favorite Slayer also.

I learned a few solos from that album way back when I was in a cover band.
        Kerry's were much easier for me to learn from tab so I stuck to his. I liked Jeff's better usually but they were much harder for me to follow from the tabs.

Comment

I love this, man! Rocks! I hear a touch of old voivod in there somewhere....
          Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
            I love this, man! Rocks! I hear a touch of old voivod in there somewhere....
            Thanks! There's probably a bit of Voivod in there somewhere lol. I love that band

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            It has always been my favorite Slayer also.

I learned a few solos from that album way back when I was in a cover band.
            Kerry's were much easier for me to learn from tab so I stuck to his. I liked Jeff's better usually but they were much harder for me to follow from the tabs.
            I remember filling in last moment for another band's guitar player at a gig back in '93 or thereabouts...they'd just kicked that dude out on his ass the week before 'cause he kept messing up the SoH (the song) solo's. Their bassist/band leader was a real task-master

Apparently my own drunken attempt was decent enough to warrant them buying me a few more beers after the show

Youtube

Comment

Did another mix. Nothing drastic, just nudged a couple things a bit. All I really did was bring down the rhythm guitars a notch and push the master up a little to compensate. I think it tightens up the mix nicely & makes everything a bit more dynamic with the (slightly) louder drums..

I can live with either mix though

Youtube

Comment

Drums sound like a dude really bashing on a kit. I’m hearing old Celtic Frost (visions of mortality kinda stuff), in tone and vibe.
                Last edited by DankStar; 07-07-2020, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Yeah..these Ugritone drums are really my kind of thing ..very realistic and ideal for just about any kind of metal (or even hard rock) as far as I'm concerned! Don't really have to mess with them apart from maybe a bit of added reverb at the most. Weren't you the one that first posted about them here?

And Yes, pretty likely there's some CF going on there too

Youtube

Comment

Yeah I bought the power drums or whichever had the rototoms but then I couldn’t get it to work. I almost got Kvult 2 when it was on sale but I’m sort of backed up on projects with my drummer friend so I figured I wouldn’t use it much (also gun shy after first failed attempt). But hearing them in action I wants them again lol

Are you mainly using their midi loops? I really dig the fills
                    Last edited by DankStar; 07-07-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

You know what, if you're talking about 'Assault drums'. I have the same problem. KvlT II drums works..Riot drums work..but Assault does'nt..don't know what the problem is (?) I've been meaning to mail them and find out but I tend to take my time doing things lol. I'm sure it's something stupid though..like enabling this or that option..w/e I'll get it to work when I need it to..it does work..I've heard tracks made with it

Meanwhile the Kvlt II kits are really phenomenal..love their sound and of course the midi loops (Yeah.. I ONLY use those..no programming **** for me )

Youtube

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. I’ll prob get Kvult next time they have a sale. They did refund me for assault drums so that was cool. I bought that 80s reverb but haven’t used it yet.

Songs are sounding great, keep em coming

Comment

Kvlt II is well worth the pittance they charge for it (compared to the Toontracks stuff etc.)....I think there's something like 8 different kits and they all sound killer..

...& thanks! I will keep working at stuff

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                          X