banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joyo "Nascar" analog delay - distorted first repeats?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joyo "Nascar" analog delay - distorted first repeats?!

Self oscillating shouldnt harm the circuit, part of the beauty of an analog delay.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Analog delay repeats normally get distorted with longer delay times, it's usually not the first two repeats that distort & then rest start getting clearer. The repeats should gradually distort as they die out. If the BBDs are not calibrated properly then you will get what you are getting, or when you start to sag the voltage. Calibration by ear is somewhat possible but ideally it requires a oscilloscope. There should tiny trimpots on the pcb, they are used for calibration, however if you decide to play with them make sure you mark the current settings with a marker on each trimpot before adjusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
        Analog delay repeats normally get distorted with longer delay times, it's usually not the first two repeats that distort & then rest start getting clearer. The repeats should gradually distort as they die out. If the BBDs are not calibrated properly then you will get what you are getting, or when you start to sag the voltage. Calibration by ear is somewhat possible but ideally it requires a oscilloscope. There should tiny trimpots on the pcb, they are used for calibration, however if you decide to play with them make sure you mark the current settings with a marker on each trimpot before adjusting.
        Thanks, I don't think I'll be going this far though

I've decided to own and play the pedal, even with it's "charm" . The sound of a real analog delay, is beautiful, I think-
        at one point i had a "Behringer Digital Delay"- that one I think sounded horrible. Like all of the sound was "lost" trough it.

the Joyo is a great pedal, build quality also seems very nice. Especially for the money!

thanks

-Erl
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Every analog delay has its quirks. Some sound warbly, with the pitch all wobbly on the repeats, and some sound distorted. The technology, by nature is imprecise, so depending on the design, the repeats are gonna have something funky going on with them.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X