banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with the Headrush PedalBoard/GigBoard and 112 Cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with the Headrush PedalBoard/GigBoard and 112 Cab?

Hi all,

What's up with those? I obviously am late to the party and felt like whoooaaa you know... What happened here kinda...

1000 bucks for the board and 200 300 for the cab? Are they worth it?

Please free to enlighten me... Not that I am gonna go for them, love my tube amps. Still got curious you know.

Best

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: What's up with the Headrush PedalBoard/GigBoard and 112 Cab?

Well, at that price, there are choices. The Fractal FM3, AX8 and Helix LT are around the same price. I am sure people have done shootouts between them all. But at that price, everything can be made to sound amazing.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah... I agree. Especially if the person doing the demo knows how to do "things" you know.

It is just that, I have been completely ignorant about those types of gear for so long now.

B

Comment

The issue with these high end modelers, is that you rarely get to a store that has them. I mean, Fractal isn't in any stores, and even if they were, you have to know how to program all of them to get to a sound you would actually use, and directly compare them. If anyone was going to spend north of $1k on a modeler, I'd suggest a diet of videos and forum discussions to figure out how each of them work. I have an AX8, which I like. I may eventually get an FM3, if only because they are updating it regularly. But there is a waiting list that is over a year right now for one. That is insane. This is for something you have to buy to try, too.

Comment

The Boss GT-1000 is another one in that pool, just sayin' cuz that's what I use. All of them can get great sounds, or can sound like garbage, it's up to the person programming them.

And Dave is correct, even if a store has one, it takes a while to figure them out, not like trying out a pedal where you can turn a few knobs and see if you can get a sound you like.

Comment

Cool...

I had a POD XT Live for a while, like 15 years ago... So I kinda know the complications, and to be honest it is not surprising to see that the technology as evolved. But, I have not been looking to that side. I've ended up going for more tubes, more cabs, more small gadgets to help with the loudness etc.

Still I find the idea of having a mobile simulator that I could take say to a friends place, or use it on a vacation quite appealing. But not that 1K prices... And the pedalboard is quite big.

Anyways... cool units!

B

Comment

If you want something small then look at the Mooer GE150 or GE200, they have great modeling as well, the same as their ~$800 flagship GE300 in a much smaller package.

Comment

There's the new POD GO as well.
                Since it's Helix derived and everything, I bet it sounds great.
                Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                  There's the new POD GO as well.
                  Since it's Helix derived and everything, I bet it sounds great.
                  I'm not sure what the difference is between the pod go and the helix stomp. Did they really undercut the stomp so shortly after releasing it?

Anyway, I have a Helix LT so I'll chime in on that for the OP. When it comes to learning to dial it in, the most important thing is to learn which mics you like. The mic is the difference been a fuzzy thin tone, or a dark muffled tone, or something that sounds amazing.

The learning curve was steep until I figured out to use a dual cab (always a 4x12 with V30s or greenbacks) with a 421 on one cab and a 121 on the other. After that, I could swap between any amp model I liked and they all sounded good, and they all sounded like I thought they should.

I've recently gotten into IRs just out of curiosity after 2.5 years of using the Helix. Guess what! I still mainly like IRs that are recorded with those mics and those speakers.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got s Digitech GNX pedal that was being blown out for $150, 10 years ago
                    I used it into a powered speaker for a while

It took up about as much room as an amp and pedal board

Much lighter

And I like the ability to use the foot rocker to fade between amps
                    Or between amp and acoustic
                    Or any of that flakey nonsense
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

A local store near me had the Headrush and Headrush gig board when they were launched, it seemed too good to be true - a new modeler that was cheaper and easier to use than the AxeFX??

Turns out that while it sounds good at the store (don't many things?), the feel of the models was a little plasticky.

IMO the Headrush is a great better-than-starter modeler with lots of sounds, and it's built solid.

Having used the Helix for six months and now owning an AX8, if funds allow I would still spring for one of those instead. But I feel like an amateur compared to the guys that can tweak software and cheaper gear to make it sound objectively awesome.

I know a guy that still uses Peavey Revalver 2 because he just found "his sound" and nothing else does it for him. I think that's crazy but it actually sounds really good.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
                      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                      • G&L Tribute Comanche
                      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I am currently using an AX8 but might get an FM3. Thing about the Fractal stuff is that you gotta get in there, and you have to actually like digging in there. Not for someone that just wants to play.

Comment

Working...
                        X