Want to Buy a Distortion Neck SH6N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Buy a Distortion Neck SH6N

If anyone has an SH6-N let me know . Prefer black but for the right deal I guess I don't care. No logo would be a bonus though. what-cha got?

Re: Want to Buy a Distortion Neck SH6N

I have a brand new one unopened if interested.
    Kiesel Aries Blood Red (M22SD/M22V)
    ESP LTD KH Quija Red Sparkle
    Friedman Be-OD Deluxe/AMT P-Drive, Boss RV-6 --> AMT Tube Cake --> 1x12" EVH Cab w/ Celestion Lynchback

Comment

I've wanted to get one recently also. You never hear anyone talk about them.

Comment

I just removed a set of these from my Schecter Blackjack. But I'm not sure what I did with them. I'll have to look.

The SH-6n is a one of my favorite humbuckers for splitting. On it's own, it's a little dark, but not muddy. A bit more punch than a 59n. When split with the SH-6b, it's got a great Strat quack in parallel, and makes a sweet V3rd when in series. (With the split bridge, I mean.) For what it's worth, I also have the Duncan Designed set also. (HB-103's) But I haven't listened to those yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I just removed a set of these from my Schecter Blackjack. But I'm not sure what I did with them. I'll have to look.

The SH-6n is a one of my favorite humbuckers for splitting. On it's own, it's a little dark, but not muddy. A bit more punch than a 59n. When split with the SH-6b, it's got a great Strat quack in parallel, and makes a sweet V3rd when in series. (With the split bridge, I mean.) For what it's worth, I also have the Duncan Designed set also. (HB-103's) But I haven't listened to those yet.
          Hey artie, you still got those?

Comment

I found the bridge. Not sure why the neck isn't right with it. Let me look around some more. I may have installed it into something.

Comment

I found the bridge. Not sure why the neck isn't right with it. Let me look around some more. I may have installed it into something.
              No worries mate! I'm putting a spare JB in the neck slot for now to see how that goes - I have a hunch that I might love it

Comment

JB in the neck will be a cool experiment. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

JB in the neck will be a cool experiment. Let us know how it turns out.
                  I had a feeling I'd like it. But it turns out.. i LOVE it. it's amazing, highly recommended, but I tend to like really hot pickups, so there's that. it still sounds very much like a neck pickup but it's so spicy. it's probably gonna stay in the guitar.

I also have a JB in the bridge, and I decided to try a ceramic swap in that one. I love that, too. This has gotta be one of the most perfect setups I've ever tried.

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post

I had a feeling I'd like it. But it turns out.. i LOVE it. it's amazing, highly recommended, but I tend to like really hot pickups, so there's that. it still sounds very much like a neck pickup but it's so spicy. it's probably gonna stay in the guitar.

I also have a JB in the bridge, and I decided to try a ceramic swap in that one. I love that, too. This has gotta be one of the most perfect setups I've ever tried.
                    Try a double thick ceramic. Then you can call the pickup a Duncan Distortion.

Comment

Working...
                    X