Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talking Cabs

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Jake if you are thinking of custom cabs I would suggest Rocket Cabs. I love mine it is an open/closed back convertible.

https://www.soundsriteaudio.com/rock...itar-cabinets/
    Hey, this is a cool idea, I love the convertible option. I am about to hit the kitchen to begin preparing dinner, so I will check the link out a bit later. Quick question though, do they accept custom orders (such as wrapping it in blue snakeskin tolex)?
    Soundcloud

Comment

these are especially awesome live cabs but they are heavy and not cheap

This is the brand new Avatar 3D 212 Vertical Forte replica guitar speaker cabinet. These are faithful replicas of the Forte 212 Vertical 3D cabs. The Forte...

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
        I recently bought a Blackstar 2x12 cabinet that popped up on FB market place. I was not expecting much, it is 8ohm and has 2 V30'S in it.
        I played it for a few months, and broke the speakers in, then after reading a lot about open back cabinets, I closed the back up tight, and now it is monstrous. I'm really impressed with it.
        Fwiw

Only downside is, it's rather heavy for a 2x12. Maybe that's why it cranks?
        The absolute best sounding 1/12 cab I have ever played through is my Blackstar!! Spanks many high end 2/12's and with the WGS Retro 30 is just HUGE sounding. BIG fan of these cabs and have owned about anything you can name over the years!!
        Here is my Blackstar 1/12 unmiced live with my old Boogie .50 cal plus
        Last edited by Ascension; 07-14-2020, 06:32 PM.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Worth checking out the stuff Avatar cabs has. They've got decent prices and build quality from what I remember.
          I have a modern 2x12 with Greenbacks that I love. Built like a tank, too.

Comment

Okay, so the biggest obstacle preventing me from making a decision is none of the current custom cab options provide this tolex as an option: https://www.speakerbuildersupply.com...e-p/tpeb15.htm

I really want that specific tolex. I do not build cabs nor do I have the time to learn how to wrap one in tolex. Does anybody know of the best way for me to get a custom 2x12 loaded with C-Rex speakers wrapped in that specific python electric blue snakeskin tolex?

I am willing to pay a cab builder/tolex wrapper to get it done. I just am not sure who can do it...
            Soundcloud

Comment

find a small builder and talk to him. im guessing none of the bigger companies will use outside materials but a small builder might

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                find a small builder and talk to him. im guessing none of the bigger companies will use outside materials but a small builder might
                Cool, I can do that.

Are there any small builders lurking around this forum? If so, I give them permission for solicitation. Or, does anyone know a small cab builder they can refer me to?
                Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                X