Sadness: custom guitar frustrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sadness: custom guitar frustrations

Maybe somebody else replaced the nut and even has done refretting?

Could happen, no?

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Yeah something is fishy

Guitar is older than originally presented
      Shop closed a while back
      Builder has good reputation

Someone sold owner Chinese knockoff of luthier guitar

For profit

I have seen those bodies on Aliexpress

Someone has been scammed
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

No, this is really a "Master" and as I said, the paper trail oans out. Please accept this story as real. There is no scam. Just a shirty guitar.

And no, the nut hasn't been replaced. I explained that earlier.

Comment

Wow. My SG Jr. and Warmoths came out better than that and I'm hardly a luthier by any stretch.

Will be interested to see how your adjustments progress.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
            No, this is really a "Master" and as I said, the paper trail oans out. Please accept this story as real. There is no scam. Just a shirty guitar.

And no, the nut hasn't been replaced. I explained that earlier.
            I understand what you are saying but it has all the hallmarks of a Chinese knockoff

And it is so hard to believe the 5 year wait
            And the Master just working his last customer

That just doesn't add up

Did he have a stroke and his 12 year old grandson finish it?
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Guys ill reply tomorrow. The real story is a doosy.

Can you share the full epic saga with us?

Comment

I wanna see more pictures.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have to admit, I feel like we're not getting the full story. Something's not right here and it's not *just* the guitar...

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                    I have to admit, I feel like we're not getting the full story. Something's not right here and it's not *just* the guitar...
                    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

exactly what i was thinking.......some family member found the order unfulfilled and instead of an explanation and a refund just sent out some ****. Really sucks for the buyer, I personally would of never waited 5 years, but 5k to some people isn't the same as for everybody

Comment

I understand what you are saying but it has all the hallmarks of a Chinese knockoff

That just doesn't add up

Unfortunately, this extreme story is the truth. I've seen the progress pics going back to 2015. George made it all himself. The entire guitar took a year to build but for some reason he had issues with the wiring and that took years and years. Eventually, the customer got sick of it and had it picked up by a family member who lives in the USA, in Los Angeles. George handed the guitar to the family member; the entire paper trail pans out. Also, all the logo's are 'correct' (inside the guitar as well as the headstock's front and rear).

Thing is: George is just a ****ty builder. This guitar is NOT a fluke! I wish.

This guitar is from 1998 and this should have been from his heyday:
                        GEORGE GORODNITSKI THE MASTER LUTHIER. VERY RARENOTE:  I have lowered the price on this unusual and well built custom handmade guitar simply because of the way the neck joint looks.  It is structurally sound but is not cosmetically pleasing.  TRADES CONSIDERED.  Please...

Or this one:
                        It has taken me entirely too long to start this thread. George is not a stranger here, but he maintains a very low profile and doesn’t really market himself. Rather, he relies on word of mouth and the quality of his work. And what quality that is! George’s clientele include many...

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                          Well, this is all info I had But I'll reiterate.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

My customer ordered his guitar in 2015 because he wanted a premium instrument, unique, bespoke, with a custom design inlay and a magnetic pickup circuit + piezo. He stumbled upon George's brand and ordered. Paid the down payment. It took a year for the guitar itself to be ready, with photo documentation. Then, it took the guy another 3 years to get the electronics done despite many promises. The delays were due to circumstance: a long holiday, family troubles, the California Forest fires, you name it. Around the fall of '19, my customer got fed up with waiting and tried to have the guitar collected via his uncle who lives in the USA. My customer has been to the USA as well and asked George to ship the guitar to his hotel but George refused.

So, the uncle picks up the guitar and hands it over to my customer in early 2020 when he got back to our country (Netherlands). My customer was not really happy but George already admitted to having closed down his shop for retirement. The fretwork wasn't up to snuff, the nut wasn't OK, the electronics weren't working etc etc. So that's when my customer came to me and asked for my appraisal. And from there on, I took pics to document this horror show and showed you guys everything. I believe I told all of this before in several posts but not in 1 long, concise story so here you go.

This is not, just not, a Chinese knock off. There are too many details congruent with George's design. For example, the sticker in the F-Hole with his name, serial number and signature, the logo on the headstock and the back, the fonts, the way the neck is glued in (typical for George). I'll make more photo's today if I'm not too exhausted after a day at work and in the shop

Comment

That just doesn't add up

Yes, it has the hallmarks of a Chinese knock off but NOT of this model. I have yet to see this model being copied (who in his right mind would set up a CNC program for this butt ugly guitar). Also, remember: the inlay is per the design of the customer! He designed this...

The Master delivered other guitars in between the ordering of this one and his retirement, or so the story goes (can't verify that unfortunately). But the wait, I can understand that. I have myself waited for three years on a guitar by Crimson Guitars. I documented that sh!tsh0w a few years ago. So a long wait isn't uncommon when ordering custom builds. It's how George (and by extension, crimson Guitars) approached the issues is what's so telling and aggravating.

About your last statement of his hypothetical grand son: no. Take a look at the other pics I posted. His finish issues are a structural issue with him, for years already.

Comment

I have myself waited for three years on a guitar by Crimson Guitars. I documented that sh!tsh0w a few years ago. .
                              Do you have a link to that? I'd be curious (both for giggles and for learning), but the search function still doesn't work.

Comment

I got interested in this George and found this:

Master telecaster George Gorodnitski built Master TVS tele style boutique originally sold at the 2011 NAMM show.This guitar says USA on it, but it may have been built in Asia and contracted by George Goroditski. Here is an email in his own words---" I decided to start mass production of some of m...

"This guitar says USA on it, but it may have been built in Asia and contracted by George Goroditski. Here is an email in his own words---
                                " I decided to start mass production of some of my electrics in China.
                                Since I know China very well, lived there for years, and doing business there for about 15 years, I knew all guitar factories there.
                                So, I chose the best one, which is, actually, american/chinese factory, with all american management, and they made about 60 guitars
                                for me, as a samples. American and Canadian wood, best korean parts, italian lacquer, only CNC and hand labor chinese.
                                I have one company in S.Korea, that make my pickups, I spend months there, teaching, how to make really good pickups,
                                and many people told me - their pickups are better, than Gibson or Fender. I brought these guitars to 2011 NAMM Show, and I sold all of them in the first 2 days." "

Comment

Working...
                                X