Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sadness: custom guitar frustrations

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
    Do you have a link to that? I'd be curious (both for giggles and for learning), but the search function still doesn't work.

Enjoy. These two are still in my collection, literally collecting dust. I use them to show others how NOT to set up a guitar. I'm thinking of redoing the fretwork because they're unplayable.

Comment

I got interested in this George and found this:

Master telecaster George Gorodnitski built Master TVS tele style boutique originally sold at the 2011 NAMM show.This guitar says USA on it, but it may have been built in Asia and contracted by George Goroditski. Here is an email in his own words---" I decided to start mass production of some of m...

"This guitar says USA on it, but it may have been built in Asia and contracted by George Goroditski. Here is an email in his own words---
      " I decided to start mass production of some of my electrics in China.
      Since I know China very well, lived there for years, and doing business there for about 15 years, I knew all guitar factories there.
      So, I chose the best one, which is, actually, american/chinese factory, with all american management, and they made about 60 guitars
      for me, as a samples. American and Canadian wood, best korean parts, italian lacquer, only CNC and hand labor chinese.
      I have one company in S.Korea, that make my pickups, I spend months there, teaching, how to make really good pickups,
      and many people told me - their pickups are better, than Gibson or Fender. I brought these guitars to 2011 NAMM Show, and I sold all of them in the first 2 days." "
      Bingo. My suspicions about the pickups has been all but confirmed by this. The woodwork, though, was done in the USA, going from the photo's I saw. Still... That can also be falsified if you really want it to.

That last line, 'many people told me ...' reminds me of Donald Trump, whenever he's about to spew a lie or say something very obvious that's already common knowledge

Comment

This is like Tiger King of the Duncan forums.

Comment

Yeah this sounds more and more fishy..........especially if George handed the guitar off himself.....You might want to get your money up front from "the buyer" as well Might be a case of George getting even on some past shady deal.

Comment

There was a green one on Squeebay yesterday.... Seller described it as NOS.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

It looks like the custom van of guitars. It really reminds me of some of the Kiesels they post on social media with all kinds of patterns going on everywhere, or component stereos of the 80s with a ton of flashing lights everywhere.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

sorry guys no photo's. I got back home from work and I kinda crashed.

Comment

Orpheo,

Regarding the electronics: in your original post you said they were not working, but NOT due to being wired improperly? What does that mean? i.e. each component was faulty, like a bad pot?
                  Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                    https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/l...-a-closer-view

Enjoy. These two are still in my collection, literally collecting dust. I use them to show others how NOT to set up a guitar. I'm thinking of redoing the fretwork because they're unplayable.
                    After reading the Duncan blog, I get the idea that you're pretty happy with the Crimson guitars.
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Something I don't understand: at the time that the uncle picked up the guitar, wasn't the only payment made prior to that point, just the deposit? So when the uncle picked it up, he also had to pay the balance? And if that is correct, why was that payment made if the guitar had issues that were obvious from even a quick visual inspection? It's the responsibility of the purchaser to send someone who knows enough about guitars, to inspect it before accepting it and making final payment. That doesn't negate this builder from doing what he did, but the purchaser could have been in a relatively better position of being out just the deposit money - and sue over that if he wanted - than the entire purchase price.
                      Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 07-12-2020, 10:41 AM.
                      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                        After reading the Duncan blog, I get the idea that you're pretty happy with the Crimson guitars.
                        That, my friend, is called editing and censorship. The guys behind the blog wanted to have an article about having guitars custom built and these proved perfect to that end. Unfortunately, my experiences weren't nearly as rosy as they were with Warmoth, for example, but all my gripes were redacted and censored because it was believed that any negative press regarding Crimson Guitars on the official Seymour Duncan blog might come across as an official statement by SD about Crimson Guitars, hence the choice to have my gripes redacted. My post on the Warmoth forum is more honest and almost unredacted

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
                          Orpheo,

Regarding the electronics: in your original post you said they were not working, but NOT due to being wired improperly? What does that mean? i.e. each component was faulty, like a bad pot?
                          The piezo wasn't working because the preamp was faulty and the piezo saddles weren't connected properly; one of the lead wires simply wasn't connected. The magnetic circuit was connected, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
                            Something I don't understand: at the time that the uncle picked up the guitar, wasn't the only payment made prior to that point, just the deposit? So when the uncle picked it up, he also had to pay the balance? And if that is correct, why was that payment made if the guitar had issues that were obvious from even a quick visual inspection? It's the responsibility of the purchaser to send someone who knows enough about guitars, to inspect it before accepting it and making final payment. That doesn't negate this builder from doing what he did, but the purchaser could have been in a relatively better position of being out just the deposit money - and sue over that if he wanted - than the entire purchase price.
                            From what I understood, the entire sum had to be paid before the builder would release the guitar. The payment was completed right before his uncle picked up the guitar. I do not know the fine print of this story, though.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                              That, my friend, is called editing and censorship. The guys behind the blog wanted to have an article about having guitars custom built and these proved perfect to that end. Unfortunately, my experiences weren't nearly as rosy as they were with Warmoth, for example, but all my gripes were redacted and censored because it was believed that any negative press regarding Crimson Guitars on the official Seymour Duncan blog might come across as an official statement by SD about Crimson Guitars, hence the choice to have my gripes redacted. My post on the Warmoth forum is more honest and almost unredacted
                              Wow... Just wow. Imagine if someone ordered a custom build from them based on that post and ended up having a ton of unwelcome trouble... I bet they are happy with their troubles knowing that there is no feud between SD and Crimson Guitars thanks to the editor guys doing their job, right? Honestly, based on the SD Blog I thought that you were more than happy with the instruments and they did a stellar job for you... If someone's not willing to publish the truth, hen just keep silent...

Comment

Wow... Just wow. Imagine if someone ordered a custom build from them based on that post and ended up having a ton of unwelcome trouble... I bet they are happy with their troubles knowing that there is no feud between SD and Crimson Guitars thanks to the editor guys doing their job, right? Honestly, based on the SD Blog I thought that you were more than happy with the instruments and they did a stellar job for you... If someone's not willing to publish the truth, hen just keep silent...
                                Unfortunately, you don't always get to decide what to, or not to, write when you're employed by someone.

That being said. Crimson Guitars has stepped up their game and have pivoted towards classes and tools and less into 'developing' a brand perse so good for them. I don't always agree with their production choices or esthetics but there is clearly a market for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X