Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Fat Telecaster Wiring Based on 90's California Series

Greetings,

I'm working on a Fat Telecaster with the single in the bridge and the humbucker in the neck. I really love this combo, but I've never really strayed from the regular Duncan Schematic. I've always used 250K pots for the Volume and Tone, a .47 Cap and a 3 way switch.

For this new project though, I wanted to do something different. I want to split the humbucker in the neck for sure, I wanted to get the most out of both pickups, I was thinking of a way to have a 500K tone for the Humbucker and a 250K Tone for the Bridge, I guess I would need a stacked 500K/250K concentric pot for that? I was reading some previous threads about using a resistor instead. I also wanted to have a different rated capacitor for each pickup, I want the Humbucker to not be dull or muddy and the bridge to be clear but not too shrill. I originally wasn't planning on using a 5-Way Super switch but I'd be open to using one, I have one lying around somewhere. I have an 250K S-1 Volume I wanted to use as well. Maybe I can accomplish some of this with that.

I guess what I'm aiming for is a "1990's era California Series Tele" 5 way switching with coil split on the neck humbucker, A 500K Tone for Neck Humbucker and a 250K Tone for Bridge. utilizing an s-1 switch for parallel/series switching.

Is this possible?

Re: Modified Fat Telecaster Wiring Based on 90's California Series

When you say "series/parallel", do you mean the humbucker, or between the bridge and split humbucker? Also, be aware that a Superswitch, S1 switch and a dual-pot won't leave much room for wire in a Tele cavity.

Comment

Re: Modified Fat Telecaster Wiring Based on 90's California Series

The series/parallel switching would be for the bridge and the split humbucker. I have routed the cavity out deeper to accommodate the pots and switches.

Comment

Working...
      X