Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Rhy Humbucker

Hi folks,
    in my local thrift shop I found a humbucker set that only read "Rhy" and something that looked like "Pro". It was pretty weathered.
    The owner told me it's a Gibson Humbucker from an 2009 SG. Since I'm searching a PAF for my Gibson SG it caught my interest. Mostly because he sells it for a quarter of the price of a new Gibson Burstbucker (I originaly thought about putting in a #3).

Does any one know something about the "Rhy" "Pro" Humbucker?

And how does it compare to Gibson's Burstbuckers?

Years of owning a Gibson Guitar made me more of a luthier than a guitarist

Re: Gibson Rhy Humbucker

A quick search indicated that they are in fact BB's. The "Rhy" probably indicates that it's the the neck pickup or rhythm pickup.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TVFV; 07-08-2020, 05:07 AM.
    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I don't think they used that naming convention in 2009 (they didn't on my 2006 for sure), but that is a BB Pro neck pickup.

Comment

Thanks guys.

So if it's a neck PU I have no use for it, since I really like my SD 59 neck.

Years of owning a Gibson Guitar made me more of a luthier than a guitarist

Comment

I mean you can try it in the bridge for the hell of it. You may actually like it. Worst case, you don't like it and just yank it out.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
          "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Yeah, you can absolutely use a 'neck' pickup in the bridge with no issues. Many people do that.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X