Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation with YJM Fury

Hello,

First post, long time user of Seymour Duncan pickups!

So I have a strat with a YJM Fury in the neck and I'm looking to compliment it with something SD in the bridge position, full size humbucker. (no middle position p/u)
    I have looked at the website and all the pickups I see have an output rating that is quite higher than the YJM in the neck.
    I need a balanced volume output for both of them.

What would you recommend in a full size humbucker in the bridge position?
    Thanks!

Re: Recommendation with YJM Fury

Welcome to the forum!

Can you give us an idea of what kind of music, and the sound you like in a bridge humbucker? Perhaps the rest of the rig can help, too. Many humbuckers will blend well with the YJM in the neck.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

Can you give us an idea of what kind of music, and the sound you like in a bridge humbucker? Perhaps the rest of the rig can help, too. Many humbuckers will blend well with the YJM in the neck.
      Yes progressive rock to modern worship music. Using Fractal Audio AXE3 and FM3, monitoring with studio monitors, FRFR cabs and in ears.

And again I need volume balance with the YJM as a high priority.
      Thanks!

Comment

I'd think something like a 59 or Whole Lotta Humbucker should balance well (volume and EQ-wise) and allow boosting later on if you need it. I play a lot of progressive stuff too and use an AX8...thinking about an FM3, but I am still a year away on the wait list.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X