banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good luthiers/repair shops in Florida? (South Florida)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good luthiers/repair shops in Florida? (South Florida)

I hope everyone has been having a pleasant day

I've generally always done my guitar work (all the simple stuff) myself over the years and have had awful experiences with the guitar shops in my area of Palm Beach County FL.

Unfortunately I recently bought a Caparison with, shockingly, some terrible fretwork that I need handled. It seems like it might need an entire refret.

This is of course a big job and for a pricey guitar. The seller is offering to cover the fret-job so to an extent, the cost isn't too much of a concern. I just need someone skilled that isn't a 'total' wackjob.

So, any solid recommendations?

Re: Any good luthiers/repair shops in Florida? (South Florida)

Hit up George @ Master Guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by piblock View Post

So mean, ha ha!

Don't worry, MusicFungi, there are quite a few peeps from your neck of the woods. I'm sure they'll chime in shortly

Comment

Originally posted by piblock View Post
        Thank you for the recommendation! He quoted me a four year wait time which I thought was a little steep but I assume the quality will be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

So mean, ha ha!

Don't worry, MusicFungi, there are quite a few peeps from your neck of the woods. I'm sure they'll chime in shortly
          I just got to read the tale of George last night. Mean is an understatement

Comment

Just to wrap it up, I actually came across a place called Aperio Guitars that does stainless steel refrets for $365. Not local but the price is good enough compared to my area that it offsets the shipping cost. The owner Greg also seemed very knowledgeable and gave me top notch service.

Comment

glad you found someone. i know some people that ship their guitars to nashville to have work done and while the quality of work is exemplary i feel like there is probably someone local that can do about as good a job

Comment

Working...
              X