banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friedman owners past, present, future (BE, JJ, ButterSlax)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedman owners past, present, future (BE, JJ, ButterSlax)

For those that are willing to share, please do. I will more than likely be unloading my current stuff for 1 of the 3. I just compared a BE50 dlx with my amps, in my room and its an amazing, living, breathing, thing of beauty! however I wanna hear from those that have played, compared, and/or owned these 3. Yes the BE50 blew me away but since I lean on the gain side of things, think that the JJ and the ButterSlax have to be considered. I've watched the videos, read the reviews, but now that I've had a BE50 in house...yeah I gotta get one of these!! Just gander at my sig for current amps and tell me what to expect if/when I do get the FRED. I just know I'm gonna miss my Oranges.
    Be safe and have a good one!
    Guitars:
    2019 PRS CE24, 2002 Carvin, 2010 Epiphone 335 dot, custom tele, 5 Peavey V Type's (DMZ SD/paf pro, JB/59, JB8/Jazz, EMG 57/66, and Full shred) Esp/Ltd (Invader set), Jackson DKMGT (EMG 81/85)
    Amps: Orange Dual Dark 100, Dark Terror, Micro Dark, CR120, EVH 5153 50w
    Cabs:Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12, EVH 4x12/2x12, Geezer 2x12 with v30's

Re: Friedman owners past, present, future (BE, JJ, ButterSlax)

I duno if the Friedman stuff is necessarily better than what you're working with already but if you prefer it then go for it.

I kinda want that Butterslax 2x12 2x15 cab myself.

My buddy rebuilt an old Laney AOR50 into a BrownEye for me and I really like it for heavy heavy sounds but I want that sound like 3 times a month. If you use that sound all the time, get it.

Make me an offer I can't refuse and I might buy that Dual Dark but yknow. Make it REALLY low
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

For the one hour I spent with a BE50 deluxe I loved it and almost made a move to get it.

I'm in the same camp - if you will live in the gain channel (whether that's high or lower gain) then it's worth it for the sheer awesomeness. Might be clearer/richer than what you've got.

How did it compare with your current stable?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Nah, I probably wont sell all of them but I'll bide my next few months trying out nothing but Freds then Ill get 1 that fits me and my budget. I do know I don't want another 100w...the Dual Dark 100 is just ridiculous! By the time I save my pennies, maybe Fred will have a ButterSlax Jr!
        Last edited by Jigsisme; 07-09-2020, 09:07 PM.
        Guitars:
        2019 PRS CE24, 2002 Carvin, 2010 Epiphone 335 dot, custom tele, 5 Peavey V Type's (DMZ SD/paf pro, JB/59, JB8/Jazz, EMG 57/66, and Full shred) Esp/Ltd (Invader set), Jackson DKMGT (EMG 81/85)
        Amps: Orange Dual Dark 100, Dark Terror, Micro Dark, CR120, EVH 5153 50w
        Cabs:Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12, EVH 4x12/2x12, Geezer 2x12 with v30's

Comment

I'm not an owner, but I played a Butterslax once, and wasn't terribly impressed.

I've also played a friend's Pink Taco, and it was pretty good, but not for the price -- we both thought that the Marshall "Studio" stuff absolutely blew it out of the water. The PT was also surprisingly quiet for 20 watts.

Comment

Working...
          X